Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

carburator kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carburator kit

ok i need to rebuild my carb and i am not having a good time here finding a kit, does any one have any ideas where, i have a 1995 polaris magnum 425 4x4

Old 04-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default carburator kit

i dont see one listed. cant you just buy the parts you think are worn out instead of buying a complete kit that you may not need/

Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default carburator kit

About the only wear parts are the float needle valve and seat and the needle jet and tube.
Check on Ebay for a seller called Sledpartsguy for carb kit it will get you the needle and seat cheaper than gong through Polaris but the needlevalve and tube you have to go Polaris for that.
Also if you are still running the intake tube that the prefilter goes on check the wire inside it.This can suck shut under throttle.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default carburator kit

i ended up getting the peices seperatly, thanks guys

Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default carburator kit

I also have same unit with perhaps a different problem with gas leaking through a tube connected to bottom of carb. Does not leak with shut off valve turn off position, only when on gas position. I did remove carb and cleaned, but still leaks. What parts need to be replacled, and where can i buy online. I am first time ATV owner. I friend gave a 1995 Sportsman 4x 4 unit to my family and kids want to drive unit yesterday.I also need to buy service manuel and owners' manuel.
Thanks for help.

Rough Terrain

Old 04-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default carburator kit

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rough Terrain

I also have same unit with perhaps a different problem with gas leaking through a tube connected to bottom of carb. Does not leak with shut off valve turn off position, only when on gas position. I did remove carb and cleaned, but still leaks. What parts need to be replacled, and where can i buy online. I am first time ATV owner. I friend gave a 1995 Sportsman 4x 4 unit to my family and kids want to drive unit yesterday.I also need to buy service manuel and owners' manuel.

Thanks for help.

Rough Terrain</end quote></div>

You need a new float, and float needle and seat assembly. That should fix it.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default carburator kit

that is what the problem is your float valve is not seating into it's hole in the seat assembly, so it is overfloaing the carb beond the point in which it no longer needs the drain screw at the bottom of the carb open, while replaceing the float valve assembly ( Needle and seat) if you look at the drain screw setup their is a low point(drain point) and a high point the high point bypass's the screw so when the float is stuck open fuel does not overtake the motor and carb fairly uneffective in my opinion.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default carburator kit

the tube is gone from my carb that's all same unit though

Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default carburator kit

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: corybowman

that is what the problem is your float valve is not seating into it's hole in the seat assembly, so it is overfloaing the carb beond the point in which it no longer needs the drain screw at the bottom of the carb open, while replaceing the float valve assembly ( Needle and seat) if you look at the drain screw setup their is a low point(drain point) and a high point the high point bypass's the screw so when the float is stuck open fuel does not overtake the motor and carb fairly uneffective in my opinion.</end quote></div>

Jeremiah25
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Rough Terrain

Thanks for help.

Rough Terrain

Thanks for help corybowman and

Jeremiah

Do you guys know where I can get service manuel and owners manuel?

cost too much from dealer.

Rough Terrain

Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default carburator kit

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rough Terrain

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: corybowman

that is what the problem is your float valve is not seating into it's hole in the seat assembly, so it is overfloaing the carb beond the point in which it no longer needs the drain screw at the bottom of the carb open, while replaceing the float valve assembly ( Needle and seat) if you look at the drain screw setup their is a low point(drain point) and a high point the high point bypass's the screw so when the float is stuck open fuel does not overtake the motor and carb fairly uneffective in my opinion.</end quote></div>
Look on EBAY for manuals

Jeremiah25

Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Rough Terrain

Thanks for help.

Rough Terrain

Thanks for help corybowman and

Jeremiah

Do you guys know where I can get service manuel and owners manuel?

cost too much from dealer.

Rough Terrain</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: carburator kit