Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

carburator kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carburator kit

i got the one from clymerrepairmaunuals.com they are about 22.00
i am not sur if you still need this info but you will need the float valve assembly---assembly meaning the needle and it's seat or housing or round thingy it slides into however you want to call it.. the float needle is attached by a rectangular clip to the float which is in the bowl of the carb (bottom) that is diconnected from the back of the float notice the big pin which holds the float in it's place that pin will need to come out you can get a tool but a hammer and finish nail works well, tap the pin out the float will be disassembeled and the float needly will fall if your not carefull there is a bracket that holds the needle seat in it's place two screws, take them out and the seat will pull out slightly hard since it has o-ring on it , these are the two peices you need i am getting the parts through babbits on-line they are the cheapest i have found for oem besides ebay and they have no such beast if you have a 1995 polaris magnum 425 4x4 the part number will be SKU: 3130531
SUBSTITUTED BY 3131360 1 $21.89 put the part number in on their web site underoem parts or use the diagram then you will see what you need. also the fuel will not leak when it is in the off position because the on off *** you are refering to is a shut off valve for the fuel if you run the wheeler with it in the off position it will likely die, but the setup on the should be ... on-off-res (reserve or bottom of the tank) or Res-off-on but the off is usually in the middle i have however seen them be on-res-off well any way the point being that you are shutting the fuel off so it is going to stop and that their should be two on positions and a off for the valve if you happen to be unsure which way is what get a magnifying glass and look where it attaches to the gas tank and it will say on-off-res in the top middle and bottom of the **** on the tank... hope i was helpfull thanks.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carburator kit

Thanks for the info. and great detail on getting parts and problem fixed. The local dealer wanted about $ 175.00 dollars for parts. I said, "no thanks"

Rough Terrain