Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WARN/gorilla

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARN/gorilla

I used that same KFI mount plate on my '07 700EFI. It was of high quality, and fit the Quad perfectly. I had to drill a new set of mounting holes for my Warn RT30 3000lb winch. There was a set of holes there that the winch would bolt up to, but they would have located the winch slightly too far to one side, and it would not quite fit inside the opening. So five minutes with a drill fixed that. I have had EXTREMELY good luck with the RT30. I would not go with anything less than 3000 lbs on the full sized Sportsmans. I have had this rig stuck in mud up over the floorboards, and the RT30 makes short work of pulling this 1000 lbs of rig/rider up and out. I had a 2500 warn on my 500, and it would struggle in the same situation. It never failed...... always pulled the 500 out of anything, but It worked alot harder than this RT30 does. I love this winch!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default WARN/gorilla

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jodaanja

I used that same KFI mount plate on my '07 700EFI. It was of high quality, and fit the Quad perfectly. I had to drill a new set of mounting holes for my Warn RT30 3000lb winch. There was a set of holes there that the winch would bolt up to, but they would have located the winch slightly too far to one side, and it would not quite fit inside the opening. So five minutes with a drill fixed that. I have had EXTREMELY good luck with the RT30. I would not go with anything less than 3000 lbs on the full sized Sportsmans. I have had this rig stuck in mud up over the floorboards, and the RT30 makes short work of pulling this 1000 lbs of rig/rider up and out. I had a 2500 warn on my 500, and it would struggle in the same situation. It never failed...... always pulled the 500 out of anything, but It worked alot harder than this RT30 does. I love this winch!</end quote></div>

does the front grille cover fit on with the winch installed or do you have to leave it off

Old 04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Range Rover
Default WARN/gorilla

Hi. I think the front grill cover would fit on, but you would obviously have to cut a hole in it for the roller fairlead, and another hole to access the disengage ****. Or you could cut one big hole for both. I decided to just leave mine off rather than cut it all up. I like the look without it, and If I ever decide to sell the quad(HIGHLY UNLIKELY), I have the option of removing the winch to use it on another quad, without leaving a hole cut in the grill cover. I would include two pictures for you if i could figure out how.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default WARN/gorilla

bump

Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default WARN/gorilla

i love my warn 2500#..ALWAYS got me out,made me wish a few times i would have bought the 3000xt..me and my budds play "lets go get stuck"!! When you get a lifted/big tire popo buried, yep now thats stuck!!! my warn has been worked hard,its worked every single time i have ever asked it to..i have plowed with it for 3 seasons,i know i paid way more than a BARGIN winch,but i bought a WARN.I spent the extra $$ and have nothing but pleased and even THANKFUL a few times..all my buddys bought BARGIN winches,mine still works flawlesly and the others(gorilla/harbor freight) are nothing more than boat ancors.. but like i said ,get the 3000#, YOU MAY NEVER NEED THAT MUCH,BUT IF YOU DO JUST ONCE IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY PENNY!!..savage out

Old 04-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default WARN/gorilla

I have a warn 2.5 om Popo 600 never have had any issues in 4 years. No regrests whatsoever. With that said If I were to buy a new one and could afford it I'd go 3.0 esp for a heavy Sportsman.

As for your next question, I have been arount tow trucks, rock crawlin Jeeps all my life and would not hesitate to buy a Ramsey alot of tow truck guys even prefer the Ramsey over the Warn. I was even thinking of buying a Grizz 700 and putting one of these ramsey 3.0 on it. The winch even comes with a remote!