Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

how much oil should there be in my front hubs ahd what kind

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much oil should there be in my front hubs ahd what kind

Sorry to pop in but this is on topic with my problem I have a 1995 425 magnum I just got the 4wd worked when i got it but i just had to take it aprt and grease it then found nope grease wont do in it so I clean it all out with gas and a tooth brush and put it all togather and put in some demand drive hub lube and still wont work can anyone point me in a direction when putting it togather should the armerlet <~~how ever you spell it the round washer shaped piece with 3 teeth on it should it be put in the notches it line's up with when I assemble it? AND AS I SAID MUDDING IM NOT TRYING TO BE A THREAD SNATCHER I JUST NEED HELP REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME

Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

yeah those three tangs had better be in the hilliard clutch slots when you torque it done or your s*&#wed!!!!!!!.talk to me!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

OK WELL ive had it part 4 time's and ive always put them in the slots but the wheel just will not go?? as I said before it worked great but not so much now I always put it on a stand and try it each time i work on it the most i can make it grab is by tighting down the castle nut a lil tight!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

torque is critical if you don't have a torque wrench i know a procedure, are you with me???????.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

100% with ya

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

10-4 now,the polaris awd system is critical on a few factors,#1 it only holds 4 ozs of fluid, sucks because thats really easy to loose,#2 torque is critical to maintain because you saw how small those armiture plate tangs+ the clutch.if you dont have the tangs in the clutch game over.....anyway 120"lbs to 130"lbs-- no torquewrench???

Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

OK THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!And ok ive done the fluid spec part rite and as for the armiture plate yea theres not much to it and i noticed when i had it aprt that the tangs were bent over a lil and there was a grove in the piece that the armiture plate lines up with so im guessing thats not a great start for durabilty but it did work before!!! IF YOU HAD TO MAKE ONE GUESS AT WHAT IM DOING WRONG WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE? and once again thank's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much..

Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

And one more thing how does the awd system work I know that is magnatised when you push the button but what is it doing pulling the plate away when it is in awd or what?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

if the tangs are still there you can bend both of them back,get back to me,we can make this work those are only $18 a piece!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Alright MECHANIKE im going to get up in the morning get it all apart again and clean it up line up everything and torque it all down as you told me and fill it as you say and I will write ya back and let ya know how thing pan~out for me. And once again THANX SOOO much for you TIME & EFFORT to help me your the man. AND UNTILL TOMORROW HAVE A GREAT NITE I WILL GET BACK WITH YA --TEEEMERRA AFTERNOON...JEREMY,

Quick Reply: how much oil should there be in my front hubs ahd what kind