Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailboss or Trailblazer; Which to Keep?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailboss or Trailblazer; Which to Keep?

I have '01 Trailblazer and a '02 Trailboss. I purchased both used a few years ago. Now that I have a 3rd ATV I plan to sell either the Trailblazer or the Trailboss. Blazer is of course 250cc 2 stroke and the Boss is 325cc 4 stroke. The Boss has better racks but I did install a rack on the back of the Blazer. I like the hitch on the back of the Boss. The one I keep will basically be used by my wife or guests just for light trail riding. The Blazer is in almost perfect condition, extremely clean and tight, and has very low hours. The Boss has been used a lot more (by the previous owner) and showed some signs of having seen some deep mud in its past. It will need a chain and sprokets and the steering is not as tight as the Blazer's.

I am leaning towards selling the Blazer since it is not as practical for the type of driving I plan to do with it. Any advice differently? Any chance the value of a 2 stroke engined machine (in good shape) will increase (over the 4 stroke) now that they are not so readily available, or should they decrease in desirability?

Old 05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with your decesion,you'll get more for the blazer cause of condition,armorall shines up plastic scratches very well,ebay has great deals on whole chain+spocket sets.i'm partial to 4cycles,not smelly+noisey.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id say list both for sale and see what kind of money you can get from them. And then make your decision from there.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd get rid of the Trailblazer. My friends have trouble with theirs. I think it's from no maintenance, <u>ever</u>, but 4-strokes are more durable.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I did just the opposite. Sold the boss and kept the blazer. Maintanence on either is a key factor in how well it will hold up. More durable? Not to sure on that. Which is easier to work on? Blazer hands down.

But you said the boss meets your riding needs better, so that's what I'd say to keep. Doesn't matter what other factors play in your decision, if you decide to keep something you won't ride, then it's not worth it.

We do mostly trail riding, and since the blazer was the wifes, she likes it because it handles a lot easier than the boss. The boss was definitely a mud monster for only being a 2wd. I did pipe and jet it, so it had a little more power than stock. Currently putting a new piston, pipe, jetting and clutching on the blazer. Taking the 2 stroke apart was a whole lot easier than had I put the 414 kit on the trail boss. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]