Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Low-Low-Range

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low-Low-Range

Oh, I misunderstood. In that case sell the blower and get a plow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Actually I do know EPI makes clutch kits for different applications. Maybe you can shoot them an email and see if they have something that will suit your needs. Here is a link to the different polaris kits.

https://www.erlandsonperformance.com...ry_Code=polkit

Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Low-Low-Range

oh you got the blower... i just checked it out, that is quite alot of money... looks like it goes for around $4700... i guess a clutch kit would lower the engagement point but you would loose on the top end speed... talk to rick ritter he knows alot about the clutch system and could probably help alot

Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Low-Low-Range

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

everyone has there opinion and as long as there respectable in their post and not running someone down or causing conflict there allowed. i agree if you want a bike that has a constant slow creep in gear it has to be non belt style biuke no matter which brand it is. sounds like the snowblower doesnt have a big enough engine to handle the 2' plus storms at any speeds over and idle.</end quote></div>

I wasn't serious, stendori. If anything was said that needed a moderator to deal with I would have reported it.

I was just a little peaved that when I said something even less confrontational a week or so ago, I got flamed over it, then my post and the flamer's nasty remarks telling me to get out of "their forum", etc. were both deleted. It was my first day here I clicked on "Today's New Topic's" and didn't realize I was in a forum for a different brand. Some @$$hole over-reacted to me saying I didn't have the same problem as him and couldn't help with a solution. It's nice know people in the Polaris forum don't act like that jerk-wad.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Low-Low-Range

The only way I can think of changing final gear ratio with a "reasonable cost" is change tire size for the winter, other then that its way to costly to change final gear ratio - thats about all I can think of.....

Old 05-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low-Low-Range

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jodaanja

I have a 1999 Suzuki king Quad 300 that has Hi, low, and Super low ranges. and when in super low, you can lock the front diff for true 4wd. This little thing is an absolute tank. When someone is riding in super low, you have stare at it for a minute or two to see if it's moving! When I cut down a good sized cherry tree for firewood, I'll grab the suzuki over the 700efi. Not because the 700efi WON"T pull the log, but because the little Suzuki WILL pull the log. Puts a smile on face every time:-) Hey Cbassetti, I'll trade you straight up......Your SP 500 for my Suzuki :-)</end quote></div>

That 1999 KQ300 is an awesome machine. I know what you are talking about with the super low range. I don't think there has ever been a quad made that had a lower low range. IMO, I would never give that quad up. As a matter of fact, I am keeping my eyes open for one to buy to used for utility work at the farm. That way I can leave it there and not have to take my sp800 back and forth with these high gas prices. But, again, I would keep that as long as possible. Great quad that was IMHO, way before it's time.