Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV WINCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:27 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV WINCH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: monster malibu

Anybody using the VIPERMAX winches? I was thinking about buying a VIPERMAX400 and I was curious if they were any good, they're only $144.</end quote></div>

Thats about the same price as a tow bill when a bargain price winch craps out.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ATV WINCH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: monster malibu

Anybody using the VIPERMAX winches? I was thinking about buying a VIPERMAX400 and I was curious if they were any good, they're only $144.</end quote></div>

Thats about the same price as a tow bill when a bargain price winch craps out.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'd rather spend twice as much on a good one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV WINCH

I agree with both the last post. There was a guy that got stuck at a lake drained to winter pool here in WV and his gorilla winch crapped out along with a superwinch on another atv. Then they ripped the back bumper off a ford ranger trying to jerk it out of the sticky mud. Needless to say a Ramsey with a ****** block probably would have worked because that would have given him double the power.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Default ATV WINCH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 1M800

I have had my Gorilla on for a couple of months now, and it seems to work good. I know alot of people on here bash them...but I think that you can't beat them for the price.</end quote></div>

I would hope that no one here would bash a product just on hear say. Practical experience is a different story.

Some guys will say "If I own it, it must be the best". I would say "If its the best, I will own it".

If you buy a product based on price only, you get what you pay for.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV WINCH

I don't know why people on this forum can't let a guy have his own opinions. If a guy wants to buy a cheaper winch and take a chance...then let him! Don't bash him for it. You are taking a chance that you are going to be walking back or getting towed no matter what kind of winch you have! Every time a guy starts a thread on here about winches everyone starts going on about how Warn is the best and blah blah blah. Not everyone rides the same or in the same places, so don't you think some people might be fine with a cheaper winch? Some people that own ATV's don't even have winches on them! Just give it a rest already!<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

I have had my Gorilla on for a couple of months now, and it seems to work good. I know alot of people on here bash them...but I think that you can't beat them for the price.</end quote></div>

I would hope that no one here would bash a product just on hear say. Practical experience is a different story.

Some guys will say "If I own it, it must be the best". I would say "If its the best, I will own it".

If you buy a product based on price only, you get what you pay for.</end quote></div>

Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Default ATV WINCH

Yup, you're absolutely right. It was not my intention to bash or put anyone down. Just expressing my personal opinion, which is neither right or wrong. Thats what forums are all about. You say what you think and others will agree or disagree.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV WINCH

Agree! I wasn't bashing anyone. Only telling of my or my friends experiences with winches. That's why I never mentioned the Viper. Forums are for opinions and stories. That's how I made my choice years again when I signed up for a membership.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV WINCH

I've had my Viper 2000x on my Hawkeye for a year and have no complaints. I've used it several times with no troubles and you can't beat the price.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ATV WINCH

I don't know why people on this forum can't let a guy have his own opinions. If a guy wants to buy a cheaper winch and take a chance...then let him! Don't bash him for it. You are taking a chance that you are going to be walking back or getting towed no matter what kind of winch you have! Every time a guy starts a thread on here about winches everyone starts going on about how Warn is the best and blah blah blah. Not everyone rides the same or in the same places, so don't you think some people might be fine with a cheaper winch? Some people that own ATV's don't even have winches on them! Just give it a rest already!</end quote></div>

Over-react much? I didn't hear any bashing going on. I heard people say, I have Brand X and like it, my friend has Brand Y and likes it, and my other friend has Brand Z and isn't happy with his. And of course you get what you pay for, with any brand. I didn't hear anyone say that any particular brand is wrong for eveyone, only that it wasn't for them. Maybe I missed something that you didn't.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV WINCH

Whats wrong with the Pure Polaris winch? I don't know much about atv winches so I cant really say. I know that Ramsy's larger winches are really good. We had them on every truck when I was in the powerline industry.....the Ramsey never failed under harsh use.

Quick Reply: ATV WINCH