Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris for 2009.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris for 2009.

just a bump, with my .2 worth--For all the good points my Polaris ATV has their snowmobiles lack. After last years winter and future predictions I think Polaris is more wound up in R&D on their sled line-up then ATV, at one time Poo sleds were the benchmark and they lost it. They have the market with the ATV's but their sales are lagging greatly in the sled dept. and need to catch up with the pack to satisfy stock holders so I think that we will see more change there(sleds) then in ATV R&D.--jmo

Old 06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

maine, you might be right.. they dropped their big bore sled a few years back, about the same time that the 700 and 800 efi was probably being developed. i hope whatever Polaris decides to build helps them out as a company. Minnesota power!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

All my dealer could tell me is that they have a new shipping crate that his driver had to try out in his rig. Could be sportish or rangerish or sportsmanish orrrrr

Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polaris should and will do something this year to GET INTO the fast sport ute. market ....like Cam-Am is doing ..........What do you think?

As for Stendori holding on to his NEW 800 for two years!!

NO...NEVER....Fat Chance............Not if there is a 850 listed........He will be down to the dealer so quick with a deposit (CASH) just to hold one(special paint) for next Spring!!...LOL...LOL.....J/K. buddy........Or am I .....Hummmmmm

Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Trailblazer

ill be at the dealer if Polaris comes out with a new sport ute bigger than mine!!!! i would love to see them bring on the heat to Can Am with a Sportsman based quad.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Range Rover

FordPolaris800, how do you like the HSP dual exhaust? does it have a good rap to it and is it loud? Also, you from MN? I noticed in a post above you said minnesota power. If so, where ya from? Also, who's your dealer? Do you have the full HSP speed kit, or just the duals and clutch kit? I like HSP cuz they're the only ones out there who offer a complete hop-up kit w/intake, exhaust, clutching and EFI mods. But back on topic, can't wait for July 23, I am literally counting down the days. 42 days left until the 09' dealer show in Vegas.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

i love the true dual kit that HSP offers!!! i would recommend this kit to anyone. it is ver easy to install, i put it on myself. its a fair amount louder than stock. ive never been questioned for having it installed on my quad. ive driven past many local forestry officials at that. i am from Minnesota. its a great place to ride if you know the right places to go... there are a few videos on Youtube that give you an idea of how the true duals sound. youll have to type in Hot Seat Performance, and the videos should come up. the sound isnt hollywood quality though. i love the sound, its very throaty, and ive noticed a very decent gain in low end and mid range power. i went straight to the Hot Seat Performance shop to get my parts, as they are about five minutes drive from my house. their tech line is very helpful if you have any questions for them. it might take a little bit for them to get back to you, but theyll respond with all the info you need. i have the full "Speed Kit" from Hot Seat Performance. it includes the clutch mods, true dual exhaust, and a K&N air filter. as far as i know they dont sell any EFI mods with their kits. they have some custom "jets kits" for the Polaris EFI system, but they are sold separately. i chose to opt for the Dynojet Powercommander instead. i also went for the option of having my exhaust ceramic coated from Hot Seat. the headers on back havent changed color or anthing yet!!! thats with over 20 hours of hard riding and long full throttle bursts on them. im very satisfied. ive noticed that after a while of hard trail riding that the headers turn a little cherry red. to avoid over-heating issues, i would strongly recommend that you shield the return line coming from the radiator with some heavy heat tape if you do a lot of trail riding. this coolant line runs right above the "PTO" side head pipe. i hope this info has been helpful. by the way the website for Hot Seat Performance is www.hotseatperformance.com