Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST IN CLASS AWARDS: BEST VALUE ATV

I have to agree not that I am an Polaris ower/rider/customer/FAN but its
all how you ride it. Everything breaks! I don't don't see what the real point
is...BUT back to the topic. You know if I would of bought the 2007 500EFi when
my buddy did, I would not have bought my 800 and I would of been happy. I like
his bike and think its great. When we ran my Sp450 up against his 500 even just
a few cc's and EFI made a HUGE difference. It would tear me everytime in the holeshot
and even long run. If I need to buy another mid-size Polaris I will hunt for the 500 class!

R'

Old 06-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I need to say something here that I just found out when the in-laws bought there A/C TRV 400 2-up.
Storage is VERY important to me now ..This quad,made for two riders, has NO storage except for the little spot where our fuel tank is on ours........He can fit a wallet, gloves and one pair of sunglasses in there.....That's it!!!

If you seen my pics I have the front rack ,like the rest of the newer sportsman's, the small rear door with latch, like the rest, and my storage box on my rear rack with the seat......

So guess what......Yes I carry there cooler and drinks for them ......

Storage is very important......most of all if you had lots and bought a new Quad with very little or none at all........Caper...........

Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Obviousy other manufaturer riders missed the "whose the biggest rider thread" .
Yo may be able to tow us, but can you tow us with one of our big wigs on the bike?
I rest my case! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point Randy. They couldn't tow one of the biggest few riders here on our quads. I think towing capacity is important in utility quads. In another thread someone thought the Arctic Cat 700 H1 is better than a Polaris because it has a 2" reciever hitch instead of 1-1/4". But the A/C 700 tows 175 pounds LESS weight than <u>any</u> Sportman 500 1-up or 2-up, and 450 pounds less than a Sportsman 800. If the trailer has brakes on it the 800 can tow 1,913 pounds, or <u>863 pounds more</u> than the AC 700. <u>How is 45% LESS towing capacity better?</u> Some other brands like Suzuki and Honda must be embarrassed by their quads, because if you look up the specs on their websites, they won't even list the towing capacity or rack capacity.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

well thats just crazy then, doens't matter the size of the ball, just what the rig can tow.

Your prety good with statistics Frank. You with the IRS, or the Canadian equivilent CRA? If so, I don't know you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

you tellin me I can safely out tow a AC 650? Thats good to know. Guess thas why the other couple with an AC 650 I ride with are doing wheelies when they drive together. Sounds like not a well arranged suspension or frame design. I ride with my wife. We are 360 combined, no wheelies here.......sometimes a little light on the front end but the tires stay on the ground.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Moto Psycho

No, I hate those @#$%^&*@#$%s. You can put any size ball on either a 1-1/4" or a 2" drawbar. That guy just thought an ATV and a full-sized pickup truck should use the same 2" hitch, even though a lot of SUVs only have a 1-1/4" hitch. As if an ATV can out-tow an SUV??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I can put an average adult sized ATV on my utility trailer and tow it with my ATV. Some of the competition could tow the trailer empty, or with a little kids quad on it, but not with a full sized ATV on there. I check ALL the specs before I decide what to buy, and overall nothing even comes close to Polaris. They might be able to put an extra 20 pounds on the rack, but tow 200 pounds less. They may have one feature that's better than Polaris and 10 that are worse. I really do believe Polaris makes the best quads with the best features.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Frank, I'm really starting to wonder what all the hoopla aboout Polaris is all about. I bought my bike based on what I needed and wanted. Price was one of the last on my list. Are Polarises really concidered cheaper, price wise? Not that it matters, Mine kicks A$$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

After shopping around, Polaris was the second most expensive ATV I looked at, the Canam being the highest priced.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tow my 101" wide snowmobile trailer with two sleds on it no trouble at all with my Sp 450...........................That's around the yard not on the highway!!....LOL...........Caper.........

Old 06-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Moto Psycho

Not cheaper than others Randy, but a bargain. A much better value because you get so much more for your money. I didn't check the price on any of them, just the specs and the features I wanted. The choice then boiled down to which Polaris, not which brand. Nothing else offered what I want.

Quick Reply: BEST IN CLASS AWARDS: BEST VALUE ATV