Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BEST IN CLASS AWARDS: BEST VALUE ATV

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BEST IN CLASS AWARDS: BEST VALUE ATV

All Terrain Vehicle Magazine, ATVmag.com - "Nothing compares to the Sportsman 500 HO for bang-for-the-bucks value. It accomplishes this with an incredible feature list and a reputation for durability that reaches back a decade." http://www.atvmag.com/article.asp?nid=998

Old 06-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, and the July month of DIRTWHEELS has alot of Sportsman quad
(500 I believe) articles from changing out belts and cross countrys trip from Canada
to Mexico. Looks awesome, these guys are using Sportsmans and
pulling trailers loaded down with camping equipment and what not. Off course
no one is talking Gas prices, LOL (Now that is a whole'nother thread)

R'

Old 06-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Looks good. Reinforces the fact that I believe I made the best choice.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Not to knock the Popo (I love mine) but I think that are going to have a good fight now that Yamaha has released the Grizz 550!! It could be a interesting fight in the 500 class of atv! ALL FOR THE BETTER!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know that I feel the same way. I have pulleed a couple popo 500s back to camp with my Vinson

Old 06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

i have never pulled anything back to camp but yamahas.....i still think i might buy a grizzly though.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The quads the Canadian couple rode were Sportsman X2s with the 800cc engine. They went 9405 miles from Canada down to the southern end of the Yucatan Peninsula and back into the US. They replaced 40 tires and had 15 flats. Other than that they had no problems whatsoever with the quads. I was impressed with their trip. I don't think the Polaris is the best in any one category but as a package it has more than any other quad out there. Good power, good clearance, very sturdy, easy to use, the best ride bar none, the most storage of any quad, great towing and rack capacities, great features. Would I like things slightly different? Sure, but right now it is the best all around quad for me. An adjustable front suspension and power steering are about the only things I can think of that would be improvements.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

papahouse, I would be interested in just how that has anything to do with this thread!
I pulled a fairly new Rincon back to his farm with the wifeys little Hawkeye 300 after he shucked the fancy auto tranny out in the middle of no where last winter, which ended up costing him just under $2000 to fix, does that mean the Rincon is a crap bike? No, it means THAT Rincon broke and it was expensive to fix! PERIOD!
I have read in several publications that the Polaris Sportsman 500 is the highest selling single model ever! When you have that many units out there, your going to see one on the hook once in a while no matter how good they are!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: papahouse

I don't know that I feel the same way. I have pulleed a couple popo 500s back to camp with my Vinson</end quote></div>

Why? What was wrong with them?

I've pulled other brands with mine a few times. but never needed mine pulled except once when a tie-rod snapped in half. I had to get towed backward off off the trail because there was no room to turn around.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Moto Psycho

The Outlaw 525 IRS won BEST IN CLASS AWARDS: BEST TRAIL SPORT ATV. The Sportsman 800 was named BEST SPORT UTILITY ATV: BIG BORE last year and this year. Polaris wins some awards every year. They dominate the utility ATV market and have for years. Now they're doing good in sport ATVs, too. The best trail sport, best big-bore sport-ute, and best value are all Polaris.

Quick Reply: BEST IN CLASS AWARDS: BEST VALUE ATV