Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Sportsman owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Sportsman owner

When did Polaris start putting the Miles/hours on their Quads.........

It was not that long ago was it?

Time flies..LOL....Or the years go by too Quick ,I getting old I can't remember~~~~~..Caper......

Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had thousands of miles on my first 500 and only had a few problems. The engine needed ZERO maintenance other than oil changes. If I didn't REALLY like Polaris I wouldn't have number 5 in the driveway right now. < 1 mile on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay Frank, post some pics for us! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You've been waiting a while for #5.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

DELETED - (posted in wrong thread - too many tabs open)

Old 06-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

I was curious to how you have 4 atv's stolen from you? where do you live?

i have had 2 very vivid dreams now that i have had my new 500 stolen.... woke up grabbing for my .45

on another note.... i just talked to my little but bigger brother who is serving on his second tour in iraq, he is going to send me $1000 to put in the "Dad's new 4 wheeler fund"

My dad currently has a 2001 Artic cat 500 auto, it has almost 4000 miles on it and the brakes just went out. he took it apart and found that front calibers are shot, so he ordered new pads and calibers, front and back.. the other problem is that he was cuting grass with a 72" pull behind, and it rolled on a hill and the atv was ghost-ridden into a ravine... front end is all screwed up. sounds like metal on metal when we ride! But we did 23 rugged miles a few weeks ago and 28 miles last week....

?????? IS: Should we sink the money into fixing the front end? I'm guessing it will cost $800 toa $1000 to fix. Or should we scrap the thing? I'm still going to buy another one anyway, which will be for my dad and for friends to use from time to time...

Does it make me selfish if i buy a 800 for me lol, and give him my new 08 500
( only has 60 miles on her) ?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

Okay Frank, post some pics for us! [img][/img] You've been waiting a while for #5.</end quote></div>

My $20 POS camera only works if I use my 500 watt halogen floodlight for a flash. That's indoors. Outdoors I'm not sure if it works at all. I'll have to try it.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtnhiker19

I was curious to how you have 4 atv's stolen from you? where do you live?

i have had 2 very vivid dreams now that i have had my new 500 stolen.... woke up grabbing for my .45

on another note.... i just talked to my little but bigger brother who is serving on his second tour in iraq, he is going to send me $1000 to put in the "Dad's new 4 wheeler fund"

My dad currently has a 2001 Artic cat 500 auto, it has almost 4000 miles on it and the brakes just went out. he took it apart and found that front calibers are shot, so he ordered new pads and calibers, front and back.. the other problem is that he was cuting grass with a 72" pull behind, and it rolled on a hill and the atv was ghost-ridden into a ravine... front end is all screwed up. sounds like metal on metal when we ride! But we did 23 rugged miles a few weeks ago and 28 miles last week....

?????? IS: Should we sink the money into fixing the front end? I'm guessing it will cost $800 toa $1000 to fix. Or should we scrap the thing? I'm still going to buy another one anyway, which will be for my dad and for friends to use from time to time...

Does it make me selfish if i buy a 800 for me lol, and give him my new 08 500

( only has 60 miles on her) ?</end quote></div>

Selfish? Not at all. You can say you broke it in for him. Saved dear old dad the trouble. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I live in the worst city in the U.S., or at least one of the top 3, Flint, Michigan. The whole city is turning into a giant ghetto, full of gangs and crack-houses. If my mom didn't still live here I wouldn't either. But she's old and needs all 3 of her boys to take care of her. Saturday I got a $7,000 estimate for a new roof. OUCH! I want this place fixed up and ready to sell when the time comes.

I don't sleep deep enough to have dreams very often, but if I wake up and want to grab a loaded .45 I don't even have to get out of bed. Around here some people think I'm paranoid, but I think they need a reality check. If anyone asks me why I need to get a concealed pistol license, my answer will be I live in Flint. If that's not a good enough reason, my next-door neighbor tried to kill me.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Range Rover

LOL on the gun... I live well north of atlanta but still reserve the right to have some steel "laying around". You just never know. I have 10+1 rounds of .45 within arms reach of my bed and 15 rounds of .9mm within a kartwheel, and then well, a whole lot of nasty in the safe. Come to think about, I'm going right now to go stash one in the garage right near my little lady...

Are they stealing them out of your garage?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Moto Psycho

No garage, and no room to build one. The neighborhood was built before many people had cars so they didn't make the lots very wide. There's only 8 feet on either side of my house to the property line, so there's just room enough for a driveway. My shed's too small to put the quad in so it sits in the driveway. I thought about getting a garage but one the size I want would take up half of my back yard.

I only keep 9 rounds in each mag of my sub-compact .45, instead of 10+1, but it only takes one of those bad boys to anchor someone's @$$ to the ground. It's solid stainless steel and Mag-Na-Ported so recoil is no problem. So far I haven't felt the need to keep all the 12, 15, and 20 round mags loaded.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

I had thousands of miles on my first 500 and only had a few problems. The engine needed ZERO maintenance other than oil changes. If I didn't REALLY like Polaris I wouldn't have number 5 in the driveway right now. &lt; 1 mile on it. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Congrats on the new bike Jumbo! Ya gotta get us some pictures posted.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Sportsman owner