Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Fuel milage of Polaris machines

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel milage of Polaris machines

Yes, I mean, thats right! You talk about your cars, and their fuel milage of 25 to 40 mpg! A car is much more heavier than an atv. Why should you only get 15 mpg on a small 500cc/700lbs compared to 30 mpg on a 2000cc 2500 lbs car?

And one last thing... We do not need the real world figures of milage of the atv. I am satisfied if this organisation can measure the same test on different brands of atv! THE MAIN THING IS TO COMPARE DIFFERNENT MAKES. Polaris to Honda etc. Which maker has made the best and most efficient atv. Don't say you can't. Microsoft did with Windows Vista. And there are MANY MANY different computers with many different processors and graphic cards and hard drives.... many combinations.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer

NOTE: With the best ATV i mean the most fuel efficient

NOTE2: Regarding Vista in my previous post, i mean the test module in Vista, which measure the computer in various test, eg. game, excel etc... and calculates a overall value for the computer! That test I would like on atvs.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

The way I figure it is that the 4-500cc bikes will get better gas mileage then any other class, the reason why I say this is that any smaller and you have to keep your thumb into the gas HARD to get it to go in various conditions and any larger and its just going to use more gas just because its the nature of the beast, where your 4-500cc class is not so big it NEEDS the fuel and its big enough that you don't have to pin it to go.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

kinuski,

You must be doing a paper for college or something. I do not want a catalytic convertor on my ATV. That will be my last reply in this thread.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

sheep I agree with you! The damn government has their hooks into us bad enough and there is NO WAY in hell I'd encourage any further involvement even under kinski's guise of it being to our advantage. I'd go with the "something"-lol

Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get miles per gallon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Not sure how many and don't care, but I'm glad the government isn't getting more involved.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If people are buying these "QUADS" for enjoyment and fun(playing).......And paying 6-10 thousand dollars for them (or more).............Even if gas is 6.00/Gal. =====They will still use them.

As for other countries.They use them on the roads for transportation..That may be a different story.
...............Caper..........

Old 06-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

just on a normal day i ran a tank of gas on my hawkeye and after a couple days of testing, i got an average of 16 mpg riding mostly on pavement and the rest on light trails.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Trailblazer

Ok, thank you all for your opinion! By the way, I am not from a government. :-) I love to take a ride with my AC400. I use it for towing out tree / fire wood. Around house. And also on the road! Yes, in Europe it is legal to ride your ATV on highway! But you need drivers license and blinkers, rear mirror and licensplate and such things on your atv. Your atv also need to be checked buy government once a year, just like they check your cars once a year.

That is why I am talking about fuel consumption. I don't think it is funny to ride 100 miles on roads / gravel roads / pavement with only 18 mpg. Compare that to an MC. But I think tire pressure may be a concern in this, and also the tires! Thinking of getting street tires to my atv for changing when going on trips! Thank you for your opinions!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

kinuski,

You must be doing a paper for college or something. I do not want a catalytic convertor on my ATV. That will be my last reply in this thread.</end quote></div>

they already have them on motocycles now and no we dont want one on atv's. i have a ford aspire i drive back forth to work that gets 40 to 42 mpg all day long. love that milage since my truck only gets 17 mpg

Quick Reply: Fuel milage of Polaris machines