Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

starting to accessorize my New Polaris X2

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default starting to accessorize my New Polaris X2

Or just buy the winch cover already cut out from Polaris - $7 and no sharp edges_

SKU: 5436991-070 $7.31

Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I'm cheep......No sharp edges when I was done I used the torch to just lightly round out the edge. looks like factory job if I must say so myself!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I'm gonna get some Ricochet A arm guards next. That ATVOutfitter seems to be the cheapest place. The Ricochet site wanted $77 s&h from Utah I think. ATVOutfitters $19. Even being on the East coast. But they didn't have part # 719A on thier site which is what I think I need. I just sent em an e-mail. I don't think I really need the complete kit, just A arm. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Had an ok ride this morning at the safety rider course. All the others had some good (metal) protection. Mine was the only brand new one practically stock. A couple guys needed certification to go Oryx hunting next month and had to pay $100. I got the it for free and get $100 credit from Polaris toward purchases. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

How is the x2 on trail riding

Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

cooler

Old 07-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

cooler

Old 07-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

What cooler

Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

The day is hear, Tuesday is the day I have sets to go get the new x2 or order it now because they sold the 700. Some one asked me yesterday is it really necessary to have a 2-up when most trails in most states let you ride a passenger on a one person atv. (I know this is a safteything) And we have done just fine on a one person atv for years. Here is my store. (You all have been a big help). I told them that I was getting a 2-up. I've been riding for years and now my wife rides with me more and more. Never thought to much about it because when we ride we just putt around and look at things. (I would like to ride some trails with her that require a 2-up). Her thing is big wide trails and little water just gaving a nice day. Done this for years. A few times every year us guy take the bosses with us, but it seems on more and more weekend she and they loves to go and I'm happy with that. We still get the guy days out but if they want to go then it means more ATV riding, More weekend doing riding and less doing the TO DO LIST. My daughter got married and is still in college and she riding around home on some trails here at the house. Her new husband always wants to go but no bike. So she asked me if I could help and they are good kids just starting out so I though hey a good chance to get a new/used 2nd atv and help out. I started looking at all ATVs and I like the x2. I have a 03 grizzly and love it. I thought about getting just another 1 person atv and doing what I've done for years. The $$$ would be better and could find a use one cheap. But to my understanding some places and some states require a 2-up but not all. I go to these campgrounds or trail heads and 99.9% of the people are doubling on a one person atv. Most dealers state they don't sell a lot of the 2-ups. What do you all see? What is your state requirement or trail requiements. Just checking all thoughts before I do this. Main thing is safety for my wife and daughter. The new bike will be rode 50% one person and 50% 2 person. I just want to be sure before I do it. Thanks for you input. I'm going to post this and the main site to.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Wrong again. I'm not even sure what it's called. But its the plastic cover on the left side. Looks pretty exposed towards the rear of it. I thought I read on another thread where ricochet didn't make a complete ubderside kit for the X2. I imagine that open space is going to have to be there for servicing. So something permanent probably won't work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I might just e-mail ATV-Guru who I bought my bumpers from.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

You don't really need skids on the Polaris it has welded on skid. You do need front and rear bumpers and floor board skids!

Quick Reply: starting to accessorize my New Polaris X2