Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

outlaw guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outlaw guys

what kind of paddle tire set up do you have? i m getting a 07 outlaw 525irs, and i was thinking about douglas .125 on front and rear itp sandstars. ooand what exhaust are you guys running. i was thing about the trinity stage 4. i want a fmf 4.1 but i dont think i wanna pay $800.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default outlaw guys

I have one and I used to run sandstars. I mostly drag race, so I hated them and switched to 8 paddle 21-11-10 8 paddle haulers. Im going to the dunes with them on the 26th for the first time and we'll see how it does. But Sandstars are awesome for duning. They turn great. They just hook up too much(drag racing is a spin the tires game) and the are a molded tire so they are heavy which you notice at top end. They are the lightest of the molded tires, but still heavier than buffed tires. The sandstar fronts are awesome. Turn great and look good too. I kept those with my haulers. They are the best fronts I have used. The double blade helps it turn alot. I have douglas black labels.

I run the CT racing exhaust system. www.ctracing.com As do alot of the outlaw guys. It is supposedly the biggest HP boost of any pipe. I have the mods in my signature and I dynoed at 49 HP and 37 tq. It is a disc style exhaust so it is tunable to the mods you do, plus it is the least restrictive form of USFS approved spark arrester. The James Dean Jet kit is by far the best mod for this engine. I recommend you get that VERY first thing. THey come super super lean from the factory. It will backfire like crazy. I HIGHLY recommend you get one as soon as you get the quad. If you need jetting suggestions and help, just let me know. If you have any other questions, just PM me.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default outlaw guys

I have SandStars on our '07 Predator and Skat Trak Edge on our '07 Outlaw IRS. The Edge is Skat Traks v paddle. The Edge do EVERYTHING better than the Sand Stars. They are lighter, turn better and hookup on the drags so much better. I also have the CT exhaust. I like it but as anyone with the CT exhaust on the 525 IRS will tell you. They do not fit very well. It is a major pain in the A$# to install, the header slips off sometimes and it dog legs to the right on exit. If I was to do it again I would get the Duncan full exhaust system. It fits great and puts out very good HP/Torque #'s.

And as Gablett said. The very first mod should be a JD Jet kit. Instant 1-2 HP jump. Also change out the allen head Oil filter bolt on bottom with a Brap bolt.