Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pics of the new 850 Sportsman leaked!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of the new 850 Sportsman leaked!

Try it again man, I was editing my msg when you replied, man that was quick ROWE, LOL.

Also, I like the 240lbs on the Rear rack and 120 on the front weight cap. and the 5.25 gal tank, some
improvements for sure!

R'

Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pics of the new 850 Sportsman leaked!"></title><script src=

go here picts and info...

http://atvpt.proboards60.com/i...is&thread=1217&page=1

http://www.polarisriders.com/i...9&posthist=-48&page=1

and here for the rzr picts and info...

http://atvpt.proboards60.com/i...es&thread=1219&page=1

the RZR gets the 800 HO motor upgrade not the 850.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look good so far to me. Cant wait to see it in person and take it for a ride. I just got done telling my wife about em and she could care less. However I'm planning on getting an 800 in Jan., so maybe it will be an 09 instead of a leftover!
We'll have to see the prices first and go from there cause I'm totally happy with the looks, power, and everything else from the 08s.

Hey Rtick and HD I've been having problems with the site too. Had to keep logging out and back in through the main page just to get a look at 1 thread. Things were all screw up for 2 days but it all seems to be working now.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

i still think im going to buy a 08' 500 or 800 because the price should be right.. i was just wondering where would you put a winch on the front of that new bad boy... it looks like the rad is higher up where the current winch "pocket" is...??

Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

and now im stuck here... someone throw me a winch line!!!! i can't get out and my contactor has crapped the bed... man i should have bought better tires...

Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Is going back wards in time to a once already had 5.25 gas tank of 6-7 years ago considered a improvement or a admitted screw up on Polaris's part?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

saw that on the 21st and ordered the mag online they test rode and everything looks awesome also has power steering and 70 hp went to look at mag the next day and zinio removed it from computer called them and they said they had to i copied a few pics of the 850 and the rzr

Old 07-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

How come the power steering isn't mentioned
in the SPEC sheet, unless I am missing something?

R'

Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, its been two days without being able to access our forums. Glad I could get in this morning, but still seems sporadic.

I'd like to say that I love this new machine. Looks like a cross between the current Sportsman, and the RZR and Hawkeye, as if they took the best of all three and combined them into the new Sportsman XP.

A couple of months ago, someone mentioned a hydraulic transmission. Well, this could be it. If the crankshaft is mounted longitudinally (ala Honda) I don't see how a conventional PVT and transmission could be used. This new ATV is supposed to be new "from the ground up" so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it has a Honda Rincon type of transmission.

And the 14" rims are a bonus to me, since I prefer the "look" of a shorter sidewall. The stiffer ride I didn't like the first day, but quickly got used to it. I wonder how the backspacing is from the current SP to this new SP. Just wondering out loud if I'd be able to use my 14" SS rims on the new SP.

I can hardly wait until some official information gets released.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, its been two days without being able to access our forums. Glad I could get in this morning, but still seems sporadic.

I'd like to say that I love this new machine. Looks like a cross between the current Sportsman, and the RZR and Hawkeye, as if they took the best of all three and combined them into the new Sportsman XP.

A couple of months ago, someone mentioned a hydraulic transmission. Well, this could be it. If the crankshaft is mounted longitudinally (ala Honda) I don't see how a conventional PVT and transmission could be used. This new ATV is supposed to be new "from the ground up" so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it has a Honda Rincon type of transmission.

And the 14" rims are a bonus to me, since I prefer the "look" of a shorter sidewall. The stiffer ride I didn't like the first day, but quickly got used to it. I wonder how the backspacing is from the current SP to this new SP. Just wondering out loud if I'd be able to use my 14" SS rims on the new SP.

I can hardly wait until some official information gets released.

Quick Reply: Pics of the new 850 Sportsman leaked!