Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris pull behind brush cutter

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris pull behind brush cutter

I was wandering if anybody has ever used a pull behind brushcutter with their atv, got a wood lot and would be great to keep the rd clear. Was wandering if anybody has one and are they worth it?

Old 08-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have one but when I used to ride the Preddy a kid we rode with had one and they used it all over their farm. I watched him cut the grass around the track we would ride and it looked like it did as good a job as a brush hog on the tractor if not better. Seemed to cut pretty even and didnt miss any grass either. He ran it through some brush and green briars and it chopped them up too no problem. They sell brush mowers and finish mowers so buy accordingly. I've seen people cutting their yards with the finishing mower and it looked like it did a good job too, so I would say from what I've seen that it would be a good investment. In my opinion I would buy one with as big a motor as you can afford so that if you miss a couple weeks your not up there bogging it down and clogging up. Let us know what you decide and post some pics of it in action and before and after b/c one day I'd like to have a finish mower to knock the yard out in half the time!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:28 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Only problem I had was on a 2007 Sportsman 800. Melted the seat lower plastic part and the right side panel. (Any one ever look on how close the bottom of seat is to bottom of PLASTIC gas tank)I put lots of extra heat tape on bottom of gas tank!!!! Was under warranty and the had a service bulletin out to reflash computer to make it run richer(cooler) and updated heat shields. Have not tried yet with the 08 Sportsman HO but will soon!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info ,just got hired a tractor to do it with brush hog for this year,but will look in to it for next year, so just gathering info for now, again thanks

Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

i pull the swisher 60" finish cut mower around my neighbors and my 5acres of yard and it cuts it nice and evenly i have it set on 1 1/2" and i raise it up to 3" and drag it thru my woods and keep my trails nicely groomed. I would like to leave the mower set up specifically for my trails and get one of the gang reel mowers with a 10' spread for cutting the yards would really reduce my mowing times.