My New ATV Was Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New ATV Was Stolen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AcadGuru

Wow. Very Sad. People will steal anything, given the chance.
After having one ATV stolen,
has it occurred to you that maybe you shouldn't leave it sitting outside?
It's dumb to leave an expensive ATV sitting around outside.
That's just asking for it to dissapear. Sad but true.
If somebody wants to steal it, than they will regardless of what you do.</end quote></div>

Well it won't fit through the door of my house so I have to keep it outside. It WOULD BE dumb to leave it out there if I had a garage. But not as dumb as leaving a car that costs 5 times as much outside. I bet most people here are guilty of leaving a car outside. They're just asking for their car to disappear. That's really dumb, huh?</end quote></div>

It wasn't meant to be harsh.
It's reality. Sorry you feel that way.
Sorry you lost your ride, but it IS your fault.
It's really dumb to keep a Quad outside if you already lost 2 or 3 of them.
I mean...what do you expect?? That's life.
It's like throwing cash on the ground and expecting it to be there when you return.
How many people here leave their toys outside in an urban environment??
Some people are NOT honest. Some people just don't know right from wrong.
Sad that it is that way, but that's the way things are.

Maybe build a garage or a shed, buy an enclosed trailer, or take the tires off?
Rent a garage to keep it in? Put a boot on it?? There are solutions.
Yes....as someone already said, if someone wants it,
it will get stolen.
You can afford a quad, but not somewhere to put it?
You're on Disability, and ride a quad?? Interesting.

Nope. I park my truck in the garage every night for the same reason.
Point is...If you know it's going to get stolen why leave it there??
BTW, They caught the guy here in Central New York who stole the Manhole covers in Syracuse. He was charged with Grand Theft, Criminal Mischief, and Reckless Endangerment and is looking at 20 years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]Sorry to hear that JF, I'm a firm believer in the saying "What goes around comes around" They'll get whats coming to them somewhere down the road. Good luck anyway.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

park the quad in semi high grass, then place bear traps around it, they'll
think twice abut stealing a quad, if that don't work, trip wire and flashbangs.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

or a 50. cal turret, maybe a smaller turret w/ silencer so you don't wake
every one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer

hey frank,sorry to hear about your quad,ive had my share of bad luck too,hope the ?&lt;@#$%&%*holes loose their leggs in a accident driving it.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

man that really sucks . i'm with you pull the finger nails out one at atime..let me ask where do you live . i'm new to the site and haven't seen any of your past post about stuff getting stolen..garage or not if they want it they will find away to get it. i just cant beleive @ 6:30 in the morning thats ballsy.
i new a guy who just spend thousands on his gsxr 750 chromed half the bike etc.etc. had it locked to a bar witch was on the ground sunk in 2 ft of cement.. the bastards used his torch ,cut the rod opened the garage dooor and rolled it over his wifes car..now this happened in a town in nj where the houses are about 15 ft apart and nobdy seen anything
man i 'm real sorry.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

one more thing i know it might be unrealistic but next time, look into buying a trail cam..we use them for hunting they willtake up to 1300 pics on one sd card... put it somwhere ,where they cant get to it . like in a high place overlooking your bike. cabalas has them on sale this week

Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

dude that suck. next one cominng with a lojack and shotgun?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know JF. You must have a taget on your back. If I was the insurance company I would drop you in a heartbeat, but at least someones making out on them. I would seriously look into some type of security setup cause you obviously need one. I agree we shouldnt have to worry about our stuff getting stolen, but welcome to the real world. We shouldnt have to worry about half the stuff that goes on, but life isn't fair and it's only getting worse. You have to fend for yourself cause it's dog eat dog. I wouldnt buy another until you have the means to protect it from these scum, and I' buy that air conditioner and fridge before another quad.

Well sorry to hear about another quad stolen from you and hopefully you get it back or maybe you can get one of the new xp's! Good luck but it's probably gone,gone,gone!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to here that Frank. I hope they catch the buggers....

A timely reminder for me to update the farm insurance to include my new ATV.

Look at the positive side, (assuming your insured) you can now go and look at the 09 models and not feel guilty about upgrading only two months in!! Surely your local dealer will be giving you bulk discount now......

Old 08-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

frank you heed to take down the sighn that say's thank you for shopping at jumbo franks please come back soon

Quick Reply: My New ATV Was Stolen