Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Swisher Dump Bucket

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swisher Dump Bucket

AH,
I work two towns over from Avon in Bloomfield and live in Victor.
I've just begun getting ready for hunting season. the apple trees are loaded and the deer always clean them up.
Did that man hunt a few years ago in the Jamestown area screw up your hunting?
Took the State police awhile to find that guy. I think he killed one or two troopers.
over what? I think he was a thief.
Doc_cj, are you interested in unloading the bucket? if so PM me.
Thanks
Deerkiller

Old 08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Deerkiller

AH,

I work two towns over from Avon in Bloomfield and live in Victor.

I've just begun getting ready for hunting season. the apple trees are loaded and the deer always clean them up.

Did that man hunt a few years ago in the Jamestown area screw up your hunting?

Took the State police awhile to find that guy. I think he killed one or two troopers.

over what? I think he was a thief.

Thanks

Deerkiller</end quote></div>

are you talking about buckey phillips... that manhunt was all over my neck of the woods, seems that he liked his marb reds and coffee, he broke into a cabin a 1/4 mile from my buddies house and stayed the night there, cops got a tip and when they showed up there his cigarette didnt burn all the way out.. at first he was kinda like some folk hero untill he started killing cops.

and as for the state police.. that kinda funny (not cops being killed) but how they refused outside help and it ended up scewing them.. way to go guys!!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, buckey phillips was the guy I was talking about. I know alot of people that would have offered to help hunt him down. I think he had plenty of help. that part of NY and PA is pretty remote.
This bleeding heart liberal state won't fry a cop killer but they will give him a home for the rest of his life.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Artic Hunter, that would be awesome if you were able to find some way of getting down pressure and a better release for the bucket. It would make the bucket a lot more usable for bigger jobs

Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Deerkiller

Thanks

Deerkiller</end quote></div>

Good ol' Sears has a decent return policy, so I just took it back to the store. No questions asked. I ended up buying some other tools, so I'm happy in the long run.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Range Rover

Just wondering if its best to use 4 wheel drive when the bucket is loaded with dirt or gravel? or low range is ok

Old 08-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

DeerKiller

Yah it screwed me on many different levels, The guys name was Bucky phillips, and since we were searching all over for him, ( due to my job I say WE with purpose) on top of that my cabin in the southerntier is very isolated so I was checking that periodically also.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

it really depends on what your moving across, I use low high 4 and 2 wheel drive

Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Range Rover

I have the glacier setup on as well for moving snow but there is still lots of room for the Swisher mounting bracket to move up, Was wondering maybe about getting a piece of flat iron with no bow in it and having that from "A" arm to the other. This would get rid of the leaf spring and sag and gain you some more clearance I would think. What do you guys think?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting to see how that would work out. I would think it would really lock up what little suspension travel you do have in the front.
As far as travelling loaded, I have used 2x4 and awd, but only in low range.. I have loaded this with a variety of payloads. The heaviest was so heavy, Wet Compost, I had to shift my weight to the back to be able to get enough traction to back up. That was not a normal load, but the popo handled it fine....

Quick Reply: Swisher Dump Bucket