<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

Thanks Big Hotdog (Jumbo Frank - get it?) Ill do that way.</end quote></div>

It's all about the size of the wiener. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Is it really? Thats disgusting.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Todays Riding Pics

I hate skinny little franks. There's 10 in a package and only 8 buns. That's stupid. Get the jumbo franks and there's 8 wieners and 8 buns. It ALL about the size of the wiener.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hddoperator

Why is it that someone always has to make the helmet comment?

Anyway great pics, I love to see the women getting involved in riding! My wife loves it!</end quote></div>

Why?

Because morons who refuse to wear helmets get killed..... and I hate to see anyone die on an ATV because they were not doing something so simple as wearing a helmet....

People die, ATVs get bad press, and riding areas get closed.... one is a direct result of the other......

Just like respecting the trails and keeping exhaust notes low, respecting your head is also important in keeping access open for trails and riding areas....

What do you think killed the ATV movement the first time? It was because people got hurt not respecting the machines.... not wearing a helmet is a slap in the face of everyone who has seen someone get hurt, or have gotten hurt themselves.

I saw a guy on a Ute once going about 5mph up an embankment, the machine wheelied and then dropped back down, his hands slipped off the bars and he smashed his face on the front rack as he went over the bars...... split his forehead like a melon. His equally helmet-less buddies had to carry him out on the racks of another quad to the ambulance..... the guy lived but was in a coma for days and has lost some cognitive response..... if he had a helmet on it would have been nothing and they would have been laughing about it.....

I am shocked that in this day and age, after all we've seen in the history of ATVs that people still refuse to wear a helmet.....and I'm more shocked that people would be questioning that someone would bring it up......

Old 09-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hddoperator

Why is it that someone always has to make the helmet comment?

Anyway great pics, I love to see the women getting involved in riding! My wife loves it!</end quote></div>

Why?

Because morons who refuse to wear helmets get killed..... and I hate to see anyone die on an ATV because they were not doing something so simple as wearing a helmet....

People die, ATVs get bad press, and riding areas get closed.... one is a direct result of the other......

Just like respecting the trails and keeping exhaust notes low, respecting your head is also important in keeping access open for trails and riding areas....

What do you think killed the ATV movement the first time? It was because people got hurt not respecting the machines.... not wearing a helmet is a slap in the face of everyone who has seen someone get hurt, or have gotten hurt themselves.

I saw a guy on a Ute once going about 5mph up an embankment, the machine wheelied and then dropped back down, his hands slipped off the bars and he smashed his face on the front rack as he went over the bars...... split his forehead like a melon. His equally helmet-less buddies had to carry him out on the racks of another quad to the ambulance..... the guy lived but was in a coma for days and has lost some cognitive response..... if he had a helmet on it would have been nothing and they would have been laughing about it.....

I am shocked that in this day and age, after all we've seen in the history of ATVs that people still refuse to wear a helmet.....and I'm more shocked that people would be questioning that someone would bring it up......</end quote></div>

I'm not going to argue with you about it. I' m just saying that you or nobody else here is the helmet police!
I'm sure the people in those pictures are aware that they where without helmets. Those people are of age and if they choose to go without a helmet they know what problems may follow.
I think it's funny that several states ie texas,illinois, and others have no helmet laws for motorcycles and everyone is ok with that but yet throws a fit when they see someone on a quad on private property with no helmet!
Now ..... Rowe to you sir I'm sorry wasn't tryin' to jack the thread so back to you.
Now.....ss 97 like I said I'm not gonna debate this on another mans thread so if you'de like to continue the debate we can take this to another thread. I

Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with hddoperator.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Fine we don't have to debate it...... but my last point will be that you claim people don't biotch about street bike helmet laws...... the difference there is that streets don't get closed, and riders don't get kicked off the road when someone dies on a public street..... I've personally seen riding areas shut down, and closed because someone got hurt or killed......we are all willing to do everything we can to keep trails open under constant pressure to keep them closed..... keep giving them reasons and they will keep taking them away...... end of story!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Correct me if im wrong. Arent helmets required on all public and private rideing parks?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the good posts guys. The women do enjoy riding much to my surprise. Thats one reason I married her.

Now about the helmet comment. I just knew someone was gonna crawl out from under some rock and say it. I almost didnt post em just for that but I said screw it!! Under normal circumstances we do wear helmets because we choose too. This was a little putt around behind the house and we didnt wear one. I'm happy you are worried about us and I tell people quite often about wearing them. When we ride certain places we do wear them but when I'm going down to the river and behind the house I don't.

As far as the law goes in PA on Public Trails you must have one. On private property they have no say. I'm glad you are worried about us but I am a big boy and if I don't want to wear my helmet I'm not going too, and I'm not gonna feel bad about someone telling me I'm wrong. It is legal to ride motorcycles here without a helmet and it's something I believe in. When you get on you quad, bike or whatever you know the dangers so in my opinion you should be able to choose if you wanna wear one or not. It's my head and I'm gonna do what I want with it.

When I had my streetbike I never went anywhere without it, however I'm not gonna tell someone else what to do. It's a semi-free world and we can do what we want to do!!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

dang it, screw the helmet thing. I can't see the pics! I've copied pasted super glued and liquid nailed the darn thing on yahoo and google and want to join the fun.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Copy and paste into your browser

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

Quick Reply: Todays Riding Pics