Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Toneuo cover for 8' bed superduty with tool box

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toneuo cover for 8' bed superduty with tool box

Sorry for posting this here but nobody was biting in the truck, rv, and toy hauler forum.

Hey all, I am looking for a cover for my superduty what will allow me to keep my crossover tool box. I have measured the bed and i have exactly 6'6" left. I have gone to many parking lots and measured all kinds of different trucks looking for the correct size but no luck. Has anyone already done something like this? If so what brand did you get. And for what vehicle did it come from.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a lot of experience with all covers. I had the Extang Black Max on my 99 SuperDuty for eight years before finally retiring it (the cover) earlier this year. Only because we don't take it out on long trips anymore w/ the wife's 08 Tundra broken in. There is a link to my Gallery in FTW below. I'ts a soft tonneau with the snaps. If your live in cold weather and get a tonneau w/ snaps, get the metal snaps not the plastic! But I found them ok to deal w/ over the years and the product held up (mucho hail) and did want I wanted it to do. If you don't find what your lookin for in this thread. Try that site (Super Duty Forum) or this one http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/. I think both would be great for what your lookin for.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Check out Extangs website. The have 3 different types of toolbox tonno's

Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have bought 2 extang tonns. and love them both and i do beleave they make one that allows you to keep a FRONT MOUNTED TOOL BOX. damn cap locks lol. check their site out.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/

look at these while your looking, the autolatch feature is way better than snaps, easiest of the bunch to use and its made extremey well. a little more money, but i think the cover had a good warrantee as well.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

I know there are companies that make custom style covers but i am not paying what they want. Thats why i'm looking for something that is "close" but not "exact".

Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Acutally I had a Ford Super Duty with a crossover toolbox and a Extang Toolbox Tonno cover. They are not hat badly priced at all and they are a stock item. Look into them, and you can find some online vendors who should sell this for around $250 including shipping.

Trending Topics

Old 09-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

http://www.agricover.com/index...roducts/category/C31/

this is the one they have that works with the box. there are no snaps, just a quick 1 second autolock, and it comes with an adjuster to take up slack as it sags with age. ive had the snap varieties and even though this one is more money its worth it compared to the aggravation you get with other models with snaps, if you live in colder weather you dont want those snaps because you will not want to touch that thing all winter trying to close it back up.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just called Pace-Edwards and all of their roll up covers will work with a tool box. http://www.pace-edwards.com/index.html

Old 09-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

Thanks. I really like that agricover but i'm not spending that much for a cover. On to do more reaserch.

Quick Reply: Toneuo cover for 8' bed superduty with tool box