Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

lost another rear hub on MAGNUM.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost another rear hub on MAGNUM.

Second one this year .ANOTHER 100 BUCKS GONE.The rear hubs on the MAGNUMS are aluminum ans the shaft steel.Being all wheel drive if something needs to let go its the hub,and the splines will wear or strip out.Iput a new one on in MAY,its the third since 02.Ride on blacktop and they will wear quick .had to tap it on with hammer was nice and tight ,tightened nut up tight.Iwas hauling rocks in my 5 by 4 trailer up a steep grade.After a few trips in 4 low hill got chewed up.had to get running start and wheeler started hopping,just too much weight to be towing up a grade like that.Istarted hauling the rocks with my KUBOTA instead.Next weekend when we were trail riging ,i noticed only one tire spinning ,when my daughter took off.
Istarted hauling my trailer with my sportsman for now,sure hope i dont hurt it.What will give out on them ?
ALAN

Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost another rear hub on MAGNUM.

dont know about having to use a hammer to install but 80ft lbs is extremly tight. no way to do that with a ratchet.if you use high strength locktite on the threads after you use brake or carb cleaner to clean up both parts.you wont have that happen again.you will need a hammer to remove it......................................