Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

09 850 XP

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 850 XP

Personally I've had more go wrong with carbs than I ever have EFI.

It's proven reliable technology and far more efficient than overly complex mechanical carburetors.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default 09 850 XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

It's proven reliable technology and far more efficient than overly complex mechanical carburetors.</end quote></div>

Vote one for EFI keep it coming , with all us ATV Heads ( I'm use to Sledheads ) we should be able to debate this EFI vs Carb . We all want the most reliable machine when were in the middle of no where It's just which one would you pick to get you home ?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 09 850 XP

I don't ever plan on buying one with a carb again. I got another EFI just like my last two.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default 09 850 XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

It's proven reliable technology and far more efficient than overly complex mechanical carburetors.</end quote></div>

ok, first... to each his own...
second... complex carburetor??? can you tear down a efi system, clean it up easier than a carb??? doubt it.

i have a uncle that buys a new machine every other year and just traded in a honda rincon 650 and an 02 sportsman 500 for a 08 800 touring w/ efi.. he also has a suzuki king quad 700 and that was his frist machine with the efi.. he said he will never own a carb machine again...
me on the other hand will only own a efi when they stop making the carb..
oh yeah and ford is better than chevrolet

Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default 09 850 XP

Another vote for EFI. Nothing wrong with a carb but the benefits of EFI outweigh the carb IMO. Actually EFI is a simple system, most complex part it the ECU, other than that it consist of fuel line,fuel pump and fuel injectors. Of course the ECU uses a few other sensors aw well. Now I will agree that EFI is more likely to leave you stranded if it has a problem. But fortunately I have never had a total failure with EFI, the system is pretty dang reliable. IMO alot of guys who get codes thrown have gotten sensor connectors wet and blame it on "crappy EFI". I have had mine throw several codes after pressure washing. Dry the connector,reset ECU, done

Ok I guess this got way off topic huh? lol

Old 10-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default 09 850 XP

Wow another EFI vs. Carb debate! One more vote for EFI. I stay away from 30's technology,it's probably for the same reason I don't drive a older car! Dam technology. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I do hope you all know that most of these EFI systems are based of the same design found on street bikes and it is not all new technology! JFYI[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default 09 850 XP

Dodge i do understand however im not usually crossing creeks and going through mud on my streetbike, actually my streetbike never see's rain.. im sure the day will come when i buy an EFI and will more than agree you guys "EFI all the way" but untill that day comes..... i will be watching my radio.. so tune in next week, when the greenhornet attacks jumbo frank and tries to take his $825 worth of locks, chains, and alarms, so far!!! ... duun duun duuuunnnnn

god i hope that does not happen

Old 10-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default 09 850 XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GunnSmoke

Dodge i do understand however im not usually crossing creeks and going through mud on my streetbike, actually my streetbike never see's rain.. im sure the day will come when i buy an EFI and will more than agree you guys "EFI all the way" but untill that day comes..... i will be watching my radio.. so tune in next week, when the greenhornet attacks jumbo frank and tries to take his $825 worth of locks, chains, and alarms, so far!!! ... duun duun duuuunnnnn

god i hope that does not happen</end quote></div>

Even all the more to have EFI nothing to plug up with mud or water [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default 09 850 XP

the day will come... when im not so cheap or it is standard equipment.. i only have around 800' of elevation change and i love using the choke (LOL) so for now i don't see the use for it... plus they didn't offer it for the hawkeye

Old 10-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default 09 850 XP

I here ya!

I ride in CO. so I change elevation all the time anywhere from 6000 ft to 12000 ft and will never do without EFI again!