Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HD Shock Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Shock Springs

So where is the best place online to get HD Shock springs? I'm more looking for rear Heavy Duty Springs than the front. I have heard and read on here that the 3 I should look at are the EPI, Polaris and the MV7 Springs. Where is the best place online to get them and what are your recomendations? I have a 08 SP800. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default HD Shock Springs

Wylie1973 -

I have the same quad as you except the Stealth black. I too would like to know. Also, could someone
rate the HD springs compared to stock from 1-10? (10 being the highest/best). I am trying now to
work on that Christmas list, LOL...LOL

R'

Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default HD Shock Springs

Yep, Polaris offers a 4-hour safety course in Ohio. Once you complete it, you get $100 towards Polaris stuff. I thought about using it to upgrade the rear shock springs. But if not that, it will be on the Christmas list!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default HD Shock Springs

I beefed up my front end to help carry a big plow. I went with Highlifter springs and used the stock strut. The front barely sqauts now. I think they have rear suspension components too.
Google highlifter, very helpful people and is a job you can do with a minimum of tools.
It's a good time to look for torn CV boots, I had one up front and changed both at the same time.
I just found a torn boot on the back and located a good source for them on ebay.
You may have seen it but there is spring rate adjustment on the rear shocks. Mine are turned way down and as soon as I can find the right wrench I need to crank then up a notch or two. The spanner wrench was missing when I bought my Sportsman.
Good luck
Deerkiller

Old 09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Range Rover
Default HD Shock Springs

I can tell you this is what I did on my 06 800 with the following results...
I placed a 1" front spacer between the spring and the strut tower to raise the front and use the stock polaris rubber spring spacers for when I plowed... I simply raised the shock to accomodate this... Result: I maintained the great ride in front when off-roading after I removed the rubber spacers...

The Back!

I have never found a simple solution to the back... but here is what I did!
I purchased the complete shock and spring assembly off the X2 and replaced the stock shocks and springs on the rear of my 800... Result: The shock assembly was about 1/2" to 1" longer and the spring rate was solid! The bolts that used on the tops of the shocks were placed in backwards (I had to cut them out and replace). The assemblies went in with a little work (two guys would be helpful). The ride was dramatically changed from plush to un-forgiving... Great for pulling a heavy trailer and supported 300lbs with the 27" XTR without rubbing the fenders (it rubbed before the mod). This thing would jack a light weight off the seat jumping field approaches with little effort.

My Suggestion: Currently I placed the same rubber spacers that I used with my plow in the rear stock springs and may try 1 more set (2 spacers in each shock)?
At $20.00 a set that would be $40 in changing the rear spring rate...
The machine still squats but won't bottom out on the fenders.
Another option is to find a 1" lift kit for the rear... I believe I have a Highlifter kit somewhere, but have never installed it...

Let me know what you all come up with?

Jon

Old 09-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default HD Shock Springs

Wylie could you give me some more info on the course, thanks

Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD Shock Springs

Here you go Highlifter HD spring kit

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD Shock Springs

For safety and training information, see your Polaris dealer or call the Polaris Safety Line at 1-800-342-3764. I took the course in Michigan a couple years ago free and got $100 for accesories from Polaris too. It's this course -> ATV RiderCourse

Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default HD Shock Springs

JumboFrank, glad to see you are back with a set of wheels under you again. Hope the creeps don't get it this time. Another fun thing to do is make a home made spike strip out of plywood and nails or screws. Paint it black and leave it in an area you know they go through to get to your quad. Speaking from years of being a carpenter it's really fun to have to get someone to use their hammer to pull a nail out of your foot.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default HD Shock Springs

So are there any other links to online seller of EPI, Highlifter, Polaris or MV7?

Quick Reply: HD Shock Springs