Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which plow to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008 | 07:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which plow to get?

i love my 60" cycle country plow set up..i hace ssen pleny of abuse in the last 3 seasons and has not failed..i would buy it all over again and highly recomend ..i only paid $375.00 at the local stealer.

Old 10-03-2008 | 10:51 PM
|
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: upnort

dcso sent you a PM.</end quote></div>

Got it. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2008 | 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

While I have yet to use it - I am quite impressed with the price, quality, and mounting system of the Moose RM3. I purchased it from the dealer when I bought my X2. This was the first time the dealer had seen the RM3 system and commented that he was quite impressed as well.

We'll soon see how it's works in action - had to scrape a hard frost off my windshield yesterday morning.

Old 10-07-2008 | 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: *5 J's*

While I have yet to use it - I am quite impressed with the price, quality, and mounting system of the Moose RM3. I purchased it from the dealer when I bought my X2. This was the first time the dealer had seen the RM3 system and commented that he was quite impressed as well.

We'll soon see how it's works in action - had to scrape a hard frost off my windshield yesterday morning.</end quote></div>

Is that a picture of the RM3 in your photos?

Old 10-08-2008 | 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

yip - that's the 60" Moose RM3 Plow in the pic. I think the blade is a standard Moose blade but the RM3 is the plow frame. It connects and disconnects in literally seconds. You can drive right up - and if your good - get the plow to install on the frame without getting off the ATV. To remove - you pull one steel cord.

Old 10-08-2008 | 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

One thing that I should note for those searching for a plow. With the RM3 you can leave the plow mount on all the time as it has an real small profile. Given it's low profile it's kinda hard to see in my pics (click on camera under my Author Icon) - but if you look below the brushguard you can see an additional bar - the plow simply "clips" onto the nubs/ends of this bar. Leaving on in the summer seems to add some additional protection to the lower front end.

Old 10-08-2008 | 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

One thing that I should note for those searching for a plow. With the RM3 you can leave the plow mount on all the time as it has an real small profile. Given it's low profile it's kinda hard to see in my pics (click on camera under my Author Icon) - but if you look below the brushguard you can see an additional bar - the plow simply "clips" onto the nubs/ends of this bar. Leaving on in the summer seems to add some additional protection to the lower front end.</end quote></div>

What is the HEIGHT of your plow. Measured from the botom of the black cutting edge to the top of the yellow blade?

It looks so much taller that my Glacier blade.

Thanks

Old 10-08-2008 | 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

I'll measure this as soon as I can and post, but I think the perspective of the picture makes it look a little bigger then it really is.

Old 10-08-2008 | 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

While I have yet to use it - I am quite impressed with the price, quality, and mounting system of the Moose RM3. I purchased it from the dealer when I bought my X2. This was the first time the dealer had seen the RM3 system and commented that he was quite impressed as well.</end quote></div>

Nice setup with the plow! Makes the X2 look like a "REAL" workhorse. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2008 | 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

The plow itself is 16" high

Quick Reply: Which plow to get?