Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which ATV Is The WORST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2001, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to admit, It looks like a girl's bicycle. I guess you could let toto ride there or maybe set your sewing basket.......

Old 02-05-2001, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Its a damn voltswagon the engine is in the back FUR VIC RIDIN

Old 02-05-2001, 03:15 AM
Range Rover

I get real upset when I'm going along on my Sportsman thinking I'm in "true" four wheel drive and get stuck in a mudhole because I had to wait that fraction of a second for my front hubs to engage. Then, when someone comes along on some two-stroke and winches me out, my machine explodes sending all the zerk fittings into my forehead. Thats why I wear a helmet.

Shannon
'99 Sportsman 500
'01 Sportsman 90
briefcase.yahoo.com/scavanau1

Old 02-05-2001, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

I did not want to bring up those zerk dangers,But now that you brought it up the cat is out.

Old 02-05-2001, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

May I approach from a different angle? The worst attributes of any ATV.
1. UNRELIABILITY - nothing worse than your buddy draging you back after a failure, then a repair bill.

2. WEIGHT TO POWER RATIO: Being too heavy is not fun for human or machine. handling,quickness ect.

3.PERSONAL NEEDS AND WANTS: What riding are you addicted to mud, snow, sand, do you need racks? do you pull a trailor? long trail rides over night, or do you just want to go fast!!
All of these factors and many others will determine the worst quad. I personally feel the worst is a 1984 125cc suzuki it isn't capable of most anything discussed on the forum but where would we be without this trent setter, so in after thought it's the best or is it the worst.
On the forum I hope friendships are built and testosterone levels are kept at a minimum. One more thought your quad isn't the best because you own it. It's the best to you because you enjoy it and that's one thing you need in todays world.
Now to answer the question: 1995 4x4 250 timberwolf and 335 polaris 4x4 both underpowered, heavy and unreliable. thanks for reading P.S. I have caught the MAD KAW-disease...symptoms uncontrollable excitement, a need for speed, hot flashes to acclerate, and a desire to go quadin with close friends and family... Dr. Phil can you help?

Old 02-05-2001, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer

Packrat: I hope you like crow, your meal is growing every post! You can be loyal to Polaris and still acknowledge advancements in the industry. The v-twin will set the standard. If it's that big of a threat to you, save your money. I am.
P.S. look at Prarie 650 stats: by shaggy500ho on this site. very informative.

Old 01-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

The xpedition 425. peice of cap for sure.

Old 01-20-2002, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying these are the worst ATV's, but I'd sure never buy any of them.

1. Bayou 220
2. My neighbor's 1987 Honda Fourtrax 125 with no suspension, and 26 inch tires with no lift kit, and a crack in the crankcase, leaking oil with metal shavings in it.
3. National motors Gallop 150
4. Kasea skyhawk 150

Old 01-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

Bombardier (bom-ba-deer, or bom-bar-dee-yay?)
Traxter has to be one of the bigger pieces of crap I have ridden. I can't speak for their reliability, because I would never buy one and find out. The 500 motor is pretty peppy, but that electric shift thing is terrible, it works so awkwardly I thought I was going to break it everytime I shifted. I've driven semi tractors with 13 gears that shift better. I highly doubt that an electric shifter will last with a lot of shifting and exposure to water and mud. Didn't Honda do something stupid like that, too?
Considering the fact that they are not comfortable and the shifting is bad enough to make you leave it in the garage and stay inside watching TV all weekend, I think Bombadeeda is pretty ballsy asking so much money for the machines. They must be the most expensive machine out there-maybe that's why you never see them on the trail.
See, I got through that whole diatribe without once referring to how ABSOLUTELY, UNDOUBTABLY, UNABASHEDLY, FLAGRANTLY non-heterosexual they look with that ridiculous step through golf cart design. OH MY GOD what were they thinking? Are they for senior citizens, or what. Maybe they are made by Lark or one of those other little scooter companies, and marketed under another name...
I guess they figured if another snowmobile company could successfully make ATVs, then they could too. Heck, Arti-crap tried and failed, why didn't Bombardier take the hint?
That reminds me: a guy I know has a new Arcticat 250 2wd that he insists will do 70 mph. He plans on buying the parts and converting it to 4wd someday. I can't wait to see his little 250 go by my sp700 going 70 mph...

Old 01-20-2002, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

425 Xpedition. It has already caused multiple broken bones. Over 12,000 were recalled. My friends worked for one day broke. After being fixed, it broke again

Quick Reply: Which ATV Is The WORST!!!