Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

xp stock tires suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xp stock tires suck

again not in real deep and im stuck! im starting to think these stock tire are no good. they seem to trail ride nice tho

Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow. that sucks, though that mud looks pretty stick. Where are the lugs on those things?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

HAve you been through there before with other tires? It looks as if the old PXT's would get stuck in there as well. Looks pretty sticky. What is the lug depth on the new tires? I believe the PXT's were 3/4" They don't look as aggressive as the old tires to me.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Were you in 4wd when you entered the mud?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

I wouldn't even take a bike with stock tires they ALL suck. Get anything but stock tires.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

looks high-centered to me. look at the rear looks like the frame is touching.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Nightclerk

I wouldn't even take a bike with stock tires they ALL suck. Get anything but stock tires.</end quote></div>

I haven't had any trouble with my PXT's. I go the same places that my buddies go with their fancy aftermarkets.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

my 420 rancher with bearclaws went through it just fine. and yes i was in 4x4. after i knew i wasnt getting out on my own i created my own little hole [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] the mud was slippery yes but my wife had no problem on the 420! the tires ride great on the trail but they are not made for the mud, although i would think they could, no they should, handle alittle mud

Old 11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yep the stock tires do suck for anything but dry trails. I've said before I can't believe Polaris put street tires on the XP,lol. I've went through some shallow fairly dry mud and they still spun even when creeping real easy. Had I nailed the throttle it probably would have just buried itself. The PXT's had no problem in the same place. I have a place like the above picture right behind my house,it's nasty and I couldn't get the 800 stuck with the PXTs. I would bury it down to the frame in 2wd,switch to 4wd and drive right out. I won't even take the 850 there with the stock tires. They are nowhere near as aggressive as the PXTs. As soon as I can afford some I'm going to put some XTRs on mine.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Yep the stock tires do suck for anything but dry trails. I've said before I can't believe Polaris put street tires on the XP,lol. I've went through some shallow fairly dry mud and they still spun even when creeping real easy. Had I nailed the throttle it probably would have just buried itself. The PXT's had no problem in the same place. I have a place like the above picture right behind my house,it's nasty and I couldn't get the 800 stuck with the PXTs. I would bury it down to the frame in 2wd,switch to 4wd and drive right out. I won't even take the 850 there with the stock tires. They are nowhere near as aggressive as the PXTs. As soon as I can afford some I'm going to put some XTRs on mine.</end quote></div>

I think you have to give it a try HIGHOCTANE to see if you can really bury it.....then post some really cool mud pics! LOL!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: xp stock tires suck