Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Customer Service/Tech Support Run Around

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service/Tech Support Run Around

Here is an email which I just sent to Polaris which summarizes my problem:

I purchased a 2007 X2 500 Deluxe from Boat World in Harrison, AR in March, 2007. I first had all fluids and service work done there in late August or Sept. with about 300 miles on it.

I took it on trips to Utah in Sept 07 and Colorado in October 07 with no problems.

I again had all fluids changed and service in Sept 08 at Hobbytime Motorsports in Bolivar, MO. I specifically mentioned that I had read the the ADC unit needed special fluid. They said they knew.

I again went on a trip to Utah in Sept. 08 and Colorado in October 08.

In Colorado, when in AWD, the ADC started making a lot of noise in AWD. I took it in to Boat World and they said, after talking with "the factory" that the ADC clutches were worn out.

Look, I'm a 59 year old guy who rides conservatively. The machine has less than 1,000 miles on it, of which no more than 150 has been in AWD. I have had it serviced at LESS than the suggested intervals. There is absolutely no reason that the ADC clutches should be worn out.

I called 1800Polaris and the woman answering said she couldn't do anything, I'd have to talk to tech support. When I asked for their number, they said I'd have to get it from the dealer. The dealer, Boat World, said that number is only for dealers and they could not give it out. In addition, it required a 5 digit dealer number. Catch 22 and the customer loses.

When I bought the machine and inquired about an extended service warranty, they said there was no need, as they never had any problems with the 500. They also tell me this is the only ADC they've had problems with.

This machine has been gently ridden, well taken care of, and I want you to pay for this repair.

I am a member of an ATV club and actively participate in the largest ATV Polaris forum. However this goes - and I hope you will step up to the plate - I will make known my experience in resolution of this issue.

Please email me as soon as possible at ************ or call me at 417 ***-**** inasmuch as my machine is ready for pickup in Harrison, Arkansas.

Thank you.

I'll tell you, if Polaris doesn't take care of this, I'm going to buy a new Can Am and will never have a good thing to say about Polaris Industries, notwithstanding that I was quite pleased with the machine before this.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Range Rover
Default ADC problem: Run around so far from Polaris

tell the polaris headquarters that your gonna walk around in front of there headquarters main building with a big *** sign saying dont buy a polaris....they dont back there products.....by the way my adc went out completeley on my 07 800 x2 at 2,000miles i took it to the dealer and they put in a completely new front differential at no cost..i guess i got lucky..some dealers treat you right and some dont i guess.. but i hope you get your problem resolved soon........good luck!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Range Rover
Default ADC problem: Run around so far from Polaris

Oink, was yours still under warranty at that time?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

it was still under the 2yr extended waranty.......the regular warrantty was finished. i still had to pay a little....(i think around 100 bucks... it would have been about 1000 bucks w/out the extended waranty...once again guitar picker i hope you get it resolved.. every time you call ask to speak to a supervsior and then tell the supervisor that you wanna speak to his supervisor if you are persistent its possible you might get to speak to the ceo of polaris corporation... i know its major pain in the butt spending time on the phone (i always have my wife do it it for me shes such a bitch! i swear she gets whatever she wants from the ceos ive seen her do it several times....its amazing) but you know the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" its true if your persistent and patient you might get somewhere...if you have no luck i will get my wife on it....im serious.........let me know how you do?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

GPick sounds like the MO dealer put in the wrong fluid based upon your fact pattern. Since you live in MO, go ahead and file an action in Small Claims. The filing fee is usually under $100. Dealer will likely be required to appear with counsel.

I have handled insurance claims for over 20 years and small claims court is very consumer oriented. We write a lot of commercial policies and any time one of our commercial customers ends up in small claims court vs one of their customers, they lose.

Search this forum, and others, to locate some of the Polaris Owners who have had the wrong fluid installed by the dealer. See if one of them will sign an affadavit concerning what happened and the damage it caused to their ADC. You will most likely be able to present the affadavit to the judge in lieu of them testifying.

Do you still have the fluid? If so, you could have it tested and that would prove your case.

If the clutches were worn out at your last fluid change, the dealer should have noticed by the condition of the drained fluid and advised you accordingly. The fact that they did not is evidence that the ADC was OK when they changed the fluid. Seems to me like there would have bee noticeable grit in the fluid if the clutches wore down that much since your prior fluid change.

No more than what their actual cost is for a new unit, they will likely contact you, once they are served, and just fix it rather than incur the expense of hiring an attorney. If you send a couple of letters and emails to Polaris with no success then you might as well file suit as you really have nothing to lose.

Last year my dealer sold me the wrong fluid for my transmission. I figured it out before putting it in but this was on a 2004 SP 500. Not exactly a new machine so you'd think they know which fluid goes in it. Some of these dealers ar terrible technicians.

Good Luck

Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

i got a better idea crash the polaris through the showroom window with a sign on the hitch that says dont buy POS polaris (not to offend any1 here makeing a point)

Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I,like mainde,would bet that if they serviced the ADC they used the wrong fluid. I want to say that I have read that if caught soon enough it can be corrected by flushing and filling with the proper ADC fluid. Do some searches on here,you'll find some info on it.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

IF SELLING DEALER would try,could possibly get at least part warrantied,DEPENDING on how far out of standard warranty machine is. Some I've been able to get,Some no! NO We cannot give out our dealer number for customer support,ALL the more reason for dealer to get involved if possible! Good luck

Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone posted a link on here just before the 2008 came out and it needed a four or five digit dealer code also................I just tried for the fun of it and after about five or six entries....A dealer name came up and the new 2008 pre-ride show info was there for me to read and sign up if I wanted........But I never did as I would be listing that dealer to come to the pre-ride show.LOL...LOL........All the travel and Hotel info was there also along with the dates and times for each day planned............Caper...........

Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

YEP ITS a 5 DIGIT CODE!

Quick Reply: Customer Service/Tech Support Run Around