Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier plow

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier plow

I just got a Glacier Plow off of an atv that my buddy crashed. I have had a few plows in my day but i have to say that this is the best. If your looking to get a plow, i would have to say that you should spend the extra cash and get this one. All you have to do is drive into the plow with you atv and it locks it self on. I cant stand the Plows that you have to crawl under and put the damn pins in.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glacier plow

Congrats on the good deal you got!

Now, let's figure out which Glacier you have.

Does it have a purple cable to release the plow from the ATV OR a pin in the front that you have to shove in to lock it in place with a little red cap on the end?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Glacier plow

It has the pin but i dont have to shove it in. It locks it self in when you run into it.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glacier plow

It does not lock it self in when you run into it. You have to lift it up with the winch when you contact it to lock the pin. The pin slides into place automatically once it is lifted my the winch, but you need to rotate the pin to lock the pin in place.

You can't run into the plow and lock it in, the way that pin lock system works wont let it lock in by driving into it, and the hardware lays on the ground and can't even reach the plow mount on the atv unless it is lifted upwards like 8 inches or so.

I love my glacier plow but if you are going to preach about something don't give misinformation, I have got misinformation online before about somthing I decided to buy and was rather mad when I got it and it didn't do what I was told it would.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default Glacier plow

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Koerbs

I love my glacier plow but if you are going to preach about something don't give misinformation, I have got misinformation online before about somthing I decided to buy and was rather mad when I got it and it didn't do what I was told it would.</end quote></div>

Your right, my fault. You do have to get off and lift it so IT will lock on. My Bad. Please forgive me. Tomorrow just wont be the same knowing that your upset with me about the mistake that i have made. I will try and improve my postings so that i will not put anybody through the pain and suffering that i have caused you. Thank god you were there to read and correct my post. See, i could have just said thanks for clearing that up. But sense you had to go the extra mile to show that you like to make people look stupid, i thought i would do the same. Have a nice day.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glacier plow

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: oatman98

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Koerbs

I love my glacier plow but if you are going to preach about something don't give misinformation, I have got misinformation online before about somthing I decided to buy and was rather mad when I got it and it didn't do what I was told it would.</end quote></div>
Your right, my fault. You do have to get off and lift it so IT will lock on. My Bad. Please forgive me. Tomorrow just wont be the same knowing that your upset with me about the mistake that i have made. I will try and improve my postings so that i will not put anybody through the pain and suffering that i have caused you. Thank god you were there to read and correct my post. See, i could have just said thanks for clearing that up. But sense you had to go the extra mile to show that you like to make people look stupid, i thought i would do the same. Have a nice day.</end quote></div>

Trying to make you look stupid? No, I just want to make sure that someone doesn't read your post thinking its just a drive into auto latch because that is what you said, and I was correcting the statement, then I gave a general example on how I was upset after I bought something thinking it worked a certian way and didn't, I recieved that info on a forum.

If you need a hug I'm here for you man.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glacier plow

Hugs are good! LOL! J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I still can't tell which Glacier he has.

oatman98 do you have to pull a cable foward OR pull a pin to the right to remove the plow?

Still kind of confused here.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glacier plow

I believe he has the glacier one.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Glacier plow

Sorry Koerbs, yesterday was a bad day. Yes i needed a hug. Mt, i dont know what plow it is but i do have to pull a pin to the right to remove. The whole point of this post was to say that i am happy with the fast hook up and removal of this plow.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glacier plow

Glacier 1 for sure!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] DAMN good plow! Strong and reliable! Be sure to check your cutting edge to see if it's in need of replacement. They wear-out fast and start chewing-up the bolt heads behind the blade.

Everyone has a bad day. Believe me, I have my share! (just decifer my username!LOL)

I do find it a stress-reliever to visit our Forum though. Some really nice folks here.

Almost forgot, come to think of it, riding my QUAD is quite the stress reliever as well!!!!!LOL!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Glacier plow