My XP

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 AM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

This set-up doesn't have the clearance of the Glacier,but the American mount is two pieces.The first part bolts on and is like a skid plate.Then another plate bolts on to that.The tube runners latch onto the lower plate.The lower part unbolts easy,you maybe loose a half inch of ground clearance with just the upper plate mounted.It unhooks in less than one minute.Without the winch I have less than $340 into the setup.One of my friends have used this brand for years and had only minor problems (hardware),on ther other hand one of my friends had problems with his Glacier the first year.My friend with the Glacier plows a city drive and my friend with the American plows multiple country drives.

So I decided on the American Eagle.I'm not bashing the Glacier just going with what I know.</end quote></div>

Yep, I understand you are not bashing the Glacier. I've heard of some issues with it.

My son's setup is similar to yours, and works great. Two big pins in the back to connect the plow up.

Good luck with it.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

You may not know this or maybe you do, but

the Stealth black and the camo are "supposedly" more durable plastic material per

my dealer. He said that they are both heat-molded.

Enjoy!

R'</end quote></div>

That may be true about the camo but based upon part numbers, does not appear to be the case with the Stealth. The Red, Green and Stealth all have the same part number for the front cab: 2633779-520/Red; 464/Stlth; 498/Grn. The front cab for the camo is 2633794-455. The same is true with the rear cab. Only the camo has a different part number and the Stealth is the same number as the Red & Green. The same suffix is used to denote the color (520/Red, 464 Stlth & 498 Green).

Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default My XP

Nice machine! I'm really happy with our regular Sportsmans but I do wish the front suspension could be adjusted like on your new XP.
Enjoy and be safe!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default My XP

They can.... I personally don't have them but.....

http://www.t-m-2.com/tm2/Pregr...es/Pregressor_on.html

John

Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

To me it looks different from my friends Stealth 08 X2.I'll have to check next time we get out.Soon I hope........</end quote></div>

Yeah it look different to me also. The XP stealth has metal flake in it,and maybe a little more glossy. I bet that Polaris figuered out they needed to make it a little harder. It is still paint isn't it? Sometimes it is hard to tell,heck I didn't know my stealth was paint until it started coming off.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JCDEYO25

They can.... I personally don't have them but.....

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.t-m-2.com/tm2/Pregressor/Pages/Pregressor_on.html
">http://www.t-m-2.com/tm2/Pregr...gressor_on.html
</a>

John</end quote></div>

Those are pretty sweet! I will have to research them further,thanks for the info!