Regards,

R'

Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What advantages of

I'll start with a few:

1) We know that the new XP tires may not do as good in the snow, different tire.
2) What about the rack accessories/load & lock?
3) Would a regular (Non-XP) load&lock gun scabbard FIT the new XP?

Thanks,

R'

Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

One more thing,

What about the Glacier plow system? Would it work on the new XP? (skid plate and all)

R'

Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont like the fact they did away w/ the front storage.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea me too, is it an accessory now?

R'

Old 12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's just preference but I like the the "fatness" of the standard sportsman. I don't like how they made the XP narrower.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

Yea me too, is it an accessory now?

R'</end quote></div>

Yea i think rancher55 has it on his 850.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

One more thing,

What about the Glacier plow system? Would it work on the new XP? (skid plate and all)

R'</end quote></div>

R' Check out the pics on my page. I traded the 48" blade in the pics for the 60" blade. The front storage box is in the pics too.
rancher.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default What advantages of "keeping

I'd be suprised it any of the old style specific attachments/accessories would fit.
Honestly,as much as I love my XP,unless the steering effort,exhaust heat,rattles,engine noise,and stiffer ride(although still a really good ride) really bother you,It isn't worth the taking a bath to trade up IMO. The old sporty has more of a utility feel,the XP seems more of a utililty with some sport thrown in.
The old style racks were tougher,you could bump something wihtout worrying about damage,not so on the XP. You feel the need to have brush gaurds.
As mentioned the front storage is an accessory on the Xp,standard on the old style. The XP front box is alot like the standard old style front storage,aupposedly a little bigger.
The front suspension is adjustable on the XP,meaning if it is too soft,like many think the old syle is,you just adjust it like the back,no need for spacers.

re-reading that to myself it may sound like I'm being funny,but I am not. I loved my old 800,but I ride alot of slow stuff and use it around the property in slow tight quaters alot. As many know I injured a shouler pretty good and the old sporty aggravated that injury pretty bad. That was my main reason for upgrading. In my situation,after riding the XP I can never go back. But if not for my shoulder the ole 800 would still make me smile when I rode it.
Bottom line IMO if you are happy with your current machine you aren't missing alot,just keep on keeping on. As long as you are happy with what you have don't ride one until you are ready to move to the XP and you won't know what you are mssing. The old sportsmans are great machines and are still better than most anything out there. The Xps are sweet but don't let the hype make you get one just to keep up with the Jones' so to speak.
Yes Polaris knocked one out of the park with the Xp,but does that make the old style Sportsman any worse of a machine than it ever was? No of course not..it still rocks IMO.

BTW-I love the narrow seat. Narrow and rounded up front,wide and flat in the rear. Scoot forward in the rough stuff for mobility,scoot back when cruising to keep the tush comfy,lol.
And yes...the tires suck,lol
DCT called them Terriblethons...I think he may have hit the nail on the head.
If there is one thing I scratch my head on about the Xp it is Polaris' choice of tires...real smooth and easy on the your lawn..that is about all the good I can say about them.
Hope this helps.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Range Rover
Default What advantages of "keeping

I have an 800 still and like it, but I love the XP. Handles better, steers easier and has more power. The XP gets better gas mileage than my 800 and holds almost one gallon more than my 800. I like the ride on the XP better too. The XP feels more tight and not loosey goosey like my 800. I like the 800 so much though that I didn't want to sell it or trade it in. I'm very lucky to have both! Now the question is if I had to sell the 800 to get the XP would I have. ONLY if I could gotten a good price for my 800. I would not take a big loss to step up. My 800 has carried me many places in comfort and has never let me down. Oh the big thing about the XP is the Decent Control man there were steep hills that I ride that would pucker me up, now I drink a diet coke as i go down these steep hills enjoying the view!!!!

Quick Reply: What advantages of "keeping" Vs. selling/trading-up