Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help me please.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please.....

Does anyone know where I can find some polaris trailboss 4x4 parts? My dealer says they are discontinued and he has no ideas for me to fix my issue. My wheeler is a 1988 polaris trailboss 4x4. The parts I need go in the back of the hillard roller clutch. Here's the part # if it helps 3250013. They call it a spring support.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shaun

Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

looked at parts from a 1990 cause thats as far as it goes, but it don't show anything like that,its on "world of power sports"

Old 12-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yep. They only show this part fitting from 87 to 89. I'm sure I could make the parts out of steel but I don't think there would be any give and not sure what the next part to break would be. The part isn't made from steel as it broke like a piece of slate would break. Little pieces. I don't know maybe it was a magnet. I don't know that its feasible to convert it to newer style as I'm sure I would have to get everything including the switch or button.
Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated!

Shaun

Old 12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

well the newer is a electromagnet,an earth magnet cant be switched on and off.there is some atv boneyards,maybe someone will chime in.curious what shape it was+was it in place of the armiture plate? which is a flat washer directly behind with three tangs to engage--disengage hilliard.probably would have to replace cv axle half shaft or whole shaft being the 90 seems to use a keyway instead of a splined shaft.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

It would be in place of the armature I think. There is no electrical anything on these hubs. I have some other parts that came with it but they are different. I think these are from 1 with the magnet set-up. Basically on the back of the roller clutch where the flat washer would be on the newer styles is 3 holes and in each hole is a spring, a support and a plunger. The support is the part # I gave up top. It keeps the plunger from going to far into the clutch and keep the parts engaging. When the support broke it lets the plunger go in too far and then it can't engage the 4x4. My system is demand drive and has no switch for 4x4 or 2x4.

Shaun

Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

Here's a pic of the 1 from my machine and the other that is different. My machine on right and unknown on left.
Name:  068.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  46.3 KB

Shaun

Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,the one on the left is alittle like mine, the newer style that goes in the hub and maybe gets turned off and on with a electromagnet cause of the amiture plate but still has keyway so maybe a couple years more newer model.thats the armiture plate +hilliard cage.missing rollers+spacer.so it seems your right on the pieces maybe being a magnet cause it just kicks in when there is diff. in f-r wheel speeds.so is the other side of the bikes system destroyed also??

Old 12-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

The other side works perfect. I was told it was already replaced and the extra parts were in the box. I have the roller bearings for the one that doesn't fit but not the spring that goes around the outside. Prob gonna end up selling it since I can't use it.

Shaun

Old 12-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,ihave boughten 4 xtra hilliards+hubs over the year cause my drunkin brother-in-law flipped the awd switch while he was spinin.exploded a hilliard+sheared the hub.make sure you have NO play in your hub bearings+have fluid in the hub cause the play is what destroys the hilliards.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

The roller cage is perfect just the little plunger stops are broke. I think I'm gonna have to make them as polaris basically told me I'm screwed. Have to keep an eye on ebay and watch for some parts. I just hope that the parts I make won't wreck anything as they won't have any give like the stock pieces did. I plan on using steel to make the new parts.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Shaun

Quick Reply: Help me please.....