Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heavy Duty Front Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy Duty Front Springs

Has anyone installed the heavy duty front springs on a newer sportsman? I have an 08 touring that i ride hard and i was going to put a plow on it as well. just wondering what i was going to get myself into! i also ride alot of trails does this afffect it alot? thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Get a set of rubber inserts for the front springs at the dealer, they are 18 bucks a set and work great for plowing, and when you are done you can pop them out. And you can put them in the rear springs for that extra support. I have 2 sets for plowing or the rear if I have a heavy trailer on.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

then rubber inserts are JUNK dont wast your $$..just but some h/d springs (epi or highlifter) and you will be much happier,i was..i gave them stupid lil spacers away to my neighbor and he gave them away again.you get what you pay for with a CHEAP fix

Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I got the heavy springs for the front end of my X2. Now it doesn't plow the nose down when going downhill. It made the front end a little higher than the old springs, takes a load tons better, steers easier (tires aren't towed out like they were with the soft front springs), and rides much better IMO. I don't have a plow yet though.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Yea I put the EPI's on mine a couple years ago and what a difference it made.......You won't be disappointed....

https://www.erlandsonperformance.com...gory_Code=susp

John

Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i made homemade spring spacers that got rid of the front end sag and it worked good. either psacers or the springs the boys mentioned willl fix you right up.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

I went with yellow Highlifter springs up front. It took all of the sag out of the front for plowing. It's a little stiff but nothing to worry about.
I think I'll put them on the rear too.
I don't really see how those spacers are going to help much. The stock Polaris front springs are junk. If you preload them with a spacer they don't gain any spring rate. They just bottom out at a different place on the strut.
This should get a little HD spring vs. spring spacer war going.
You get what you pay for with almost anything I can think of.
Deerkiller

Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

I also have a set of the useless rubber spacers stored somewhere. There are some adjustable preload adjusters I have thought about trying (TM2 for one).

Old 12-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

I'll post a new topic about hockey puck lift...pretty soon

Old 12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

then rubber inserts are JUNK dont wast your $$..just but some h/d springs (epi or highlifter) and you will be much happier,i was..i gave them stupid lil spacers away to my neighbor and he gave them away again.you get what you pay for with a CHEAP fix</end quote></div>

Not sure what is so bad about the rubber inserts... I beat the hell out of mine and they still look new and I can take them out in 3 seconds to get my ride back. We must not be talking about the same thing.

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Front Springs