Heavy Duty Front Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 AM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy Duty Front Springs

Thanks Frank,

That's a good idea, as the only time I want added firmness is when I'm plowing. No riding double, or high speed trail riding here. I want to keep the ride as soft as possible under most conditions. Helps keep my back and neck from hurting.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

I had the rubber spacers on the front of my 05 800 & they gave me 3/4" more clearance. To do this I jacked the front of the bike up enough to clear the tires off the ground put the spacers in & twist them to the top as far as I could get them & lower the bike. I still found I had a very smooth ride.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

For those who concern about the plushness.....

My type of ridding is..... trail ridding and working ONLY....no mud or rock crawling here. I start reading and reading alot about replacing the front coil. I talk to POLARIS to know why they don't put the 700/800 front coil on my X2 500 DELUXE 2007 on factory???. On a X2 700 2008 they put the same exact coil as the X2 800 2007....so what the deal ???? I argue with POLARIS that i got a deluxe and got the factory ready winch up front.....so probably the same in weight as the X2 700 or 800. POLARIS swap my coil for FREE for my X2....but couple of week laters don't want for my X2 wife....

The 700/800 coil are a VERY GOOD alternative to the original X2 500 coil....but i thing cost a way more money than other alternative.....I got 1 inchs more lift than my wife X2 and the ride is a little stiffer....so I can't imagine the stiffer EPI or POLARIS HEAVY DUTY spring ?????

I talk ONLY about trail ridding style here with same size tire.....I got 10 inchs up FRONT and 13 inchs REAR right now and since day ONE. I got 1200 KM right now and my spring hold up great since....

Old 12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
DCT
Banned

Well, with the snowstorm coming tomorrow, I stopped at my dealer to see about the spacers. He has a set and gave them to me for $12 and told me to try them tomorrow. He told me if I didn't like them... bring them back, and they would get put to good use. He said they should help some. Another guy there said he liked his. So, I put them in... we'll see tomorrow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ultimately, I may check out those pre-load adjusters. It would be nice to be able to adjust the front end for varying conditions.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:06 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my '97 Sp500 the front end dove as soon as I mounted the winch. I HAD to get HD springs on it. Then they quit using those crappy springs. I haven't had any problems yet with my '01 and up. My old CMP plow was so heavy I had to put sandbags on the rear rack for traction. The front end wasn't dropping but the whole quad almost seemed like it would teeter-totter when I lifted the plow.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

Mornin DCT
I bought a set of their spacers but was not to impressed with them and took em off, I hope you like em better then I did.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 AM
DCT
Banned

Hey hobbles... morning.

I'll know better later on today, as the snow IS COMING. LOL

After I put the spacers in, I lowered and raised the plow. The front end didn't seem to dip as much, but it was tough to tell. Even if they only help a little bit, it may be enough for me.

Did you opt for different springs or the pre-load adjusters?

Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

Hey hobbles... morning.

I'll know better later on today, as the snow IS COMING. LOL

After I put the spacers in, I lowered and raised the plow. The front end didn't seem to dip as much, but it was tough to tell. Even if they only help a little bit, it may be enough for me.

Did you opt for different springs or the pre-load adjusters?</end quote></div>

What I did with my 500 is I put 2 sets of those rubber spacers in my front shocks for plowing and it worked very well. My 800 however will only need one set i believe.

For those of you wanting to put springs from a 700/800 in your 500, remember this, my 500 rode sweet, my 800 is stiff as hell, I much prefered my 500 springs. I know the twins are heavier but that 500 rode excelent.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

Mornin DCT
I came up with this set up. I will go with the heavy duty springs as soon as they start to / \ again. That would be the right way to do it. But,, they were made to work, they might be all you need.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

** I just put the pictures back to the right folder, It should work now **

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Front Springs