Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV-Guru Brush Guards

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV-Guru Brush Guards

I've been trying to figure out a way to have a Glacier plow mount and the ATV Guru front brushguard. If you were to mount a plow mount "bar" on the lower cross bar on the Guru brushguard would it be solid enough to plow with? (without the skidplate part of the Glacier mount?) Or would more support be needed?
Just looking for ideas!
There should be a way to make this work!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:07 PM
DCT
Banned

I've got to believe that the guys at ATV Guru are going to find a way to make these for folks with certain types of plow mounts. I could be wrong. Sure hope not, as they will be losing out on a lot of business if they can't.

I sure hope they can. I would love to see them have a hard time keeping up with the orders. Love to see these little independent guys do well.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE
WOW,those look even sweeter on your machine than they do on the website! The tires really bring out the look.
Now I really can't wait to get mine..they are enroute,shipped last night.</end quote></div>

Thanks HO. You should have yours soon,post them up,I'd like to see the expanded metal differance on a machine finished.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

DCT- I think they already have a hard time keeping up...not to say that he is slow to deliver or anything,just that his stuff is popular. I am actually very impressed how fast he got mine done.
I believe John has a full time job in addition to doing the ATV stuff...that is what I call hardcore...you can tell he puts in some hours on the ATV stuff...
I think he is one of those guys that takes one new projects like this just to do because he loves doing it,not because he needs the work. That shows in his work and customer service skills,he is great to deal with and talks passionately about what he makes.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Range Rover

He does have the help of his dad-Paul.
Who is also a stand-up guy.
I've been in contact with both,yeah it sounds like this product is sparking alot of interest.
And Rightly So..........

Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

WOW,those look even sweeter on your machine than they do on the website! The tires really bring out the look.

Now I really can't wait to get mine..they are enroute,shipped last night.</end quote></div>

Thanks HO. You should have yours soon,post them up,I'd like to see the expanded metal differance on a machine finished.</end quote></div>

Will do. I tell you I didn't care for the full expaned metal on the mock up machine...but it look tough on yours! Kinda making me wonder if I should have had mine done that way,lol.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
DCT
Banned

DCT- I think they already have a hard time keeping up. I believe John has a full time job in addition to doing the ATV stuff...that is what I call hardcore...you can tell he puts in some hours on the ATV stuff...

I think he is one of those guys that takes one new projects like this just to do because he loves doing it,not because he needs the work. That shows in his work and customer service skills,he is great to deal with and talks passionately about what he makes.</end quote></div>

HO,

He might have carved himself a nice niche with these guards... maybe he can quit his other job. LOL

Seriously, yea, if he is just doing this for the love of it, and to make a couple extra bucks... he may pass on the guard for plow mounts.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

Will do. I tell you I didn't care for the full expaned metal on the mock up machine...but it look tough on yours! Kinda making me wonder if I should have had mine done that way,lol.</end quote></div>

I'll take some closer pictures today,I'm going to install the shifter **** and take some measurements for roofer.I'll post them later.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

DCT- I think they already have a hard time keeping up. I believe John has a full time job in addition to doing the ATV stuff...that is what I call hardcore...you can tell he puts in some hours on the ATV stuff...

I think he is one of those guys that takes one new projects like this just to do because he loves doing it,not because he needs the work. That shows in his work and customer service skills,he is great to deal with and talks passionately about what he makes.</end quote></div>

HO,

He might have carved himself a nice niche with these guards... maybe he can quit his other job. LOL

seriously, yea, if he is just doing this for the love of it, and to make a couple extra bucks... he may pass on the guard for plow mounts.</end quote></div>

I think he has had a niche for awhile,just not wiht Polaris' so much.
I can't speak for him obviously,the impression I get is it is more about having a reputation of making the best,not the most. When I said he couldn't keep up,that was a play on what you said. I actually am impressed how fast mine were done.
He may or may not customize them to fit with the plow mount. Again this is all my opinion,but doing the plow would require a him getting his hands on a machine with a plow mount..and right now I imagine it is hard enough to get a loaner XP. Then you have how may different mounts? Are they all the same? He may do it,but as Im sure you know, it most likely isn't as simple as wahm bam there ya go.. I agree if he wants the additional business then it would be a good idea,to at least make a version that will work with the most common mounts.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:00 PM
DCT
Banned

Then you have how may different mounts? Are they all the same? He may do it,but as Im sure you know, it most likely isn't as simple as wahm bam there ya go.. I agree if he wants the additional business then it would be a good idea,to at least make a version that will work with the most common mounts.</end quote></div>

Good points... can't argue with that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV-Guru Brush Guards