Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Xplorer 400 pipe/silencer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has an Xplorer 400 and wants to install a performance pipe and /or muffler. Lots of companies make these, but he needs one that is somewhat quiet and spark arrested. This is cuz we ride in ares that require spark legal silencers. I heard that a Scrambler pipe/silencer would work on a Xplorer. Has anyone done this? Any help would be cool. adam

Old 02-06-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have the a scrambler pipe for mine. It's an hpd pipe and silencer. No spark arrestor just the silencer. It is extremely loud. You definitely want a spark arrestor. I'm sure that it would quiet it down a bit. It gave my bike a lot more horsepower throughout the whole power band. They are worth the money. The fit is excellent into the head. You do have to make your own brackets for the rear. Other than that it is an exact fit.

Old 02-06-2001, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

adamnieman, Dynoport makes a real nice pipe for the Xplorer also, with silencer and spark arrestor it will run you about $285. It made a huge differance from 0-50mph, it didn't add much to the top-end maybe 5mph. If you go to my websight and click on the video Xplorer-vs-Magnum-vs-Grizzly you can hear and see the pipe in action.
http://dynoport.com/

Old 02-20-2001, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MNXPLORER,
I ordered a PSI pipe and silencer last wk for my 00 400cc Xplorer.I am SO mad at PSI,I told them I needed a spark arrester and silencer for my application.In Michigan you must be below the 96db sound limit and MUST also have a spark arrester.PSI said they had everything.The pipe and silencer come in Wednesday,I installed them,what a freaking joke,this quad is so damn loud,I woke the dead up a few times.

I called back PSI to complain about no spark arrester and being above the 96db sound limit,the guy said they dont make one for that pipe and I could send it back if I wanted to.Well,its going back and im POed that I took the time out to install their pipe.

Now this Dynoport pipe your refering to,is it semi quite[96db or less],I see it comes with a spark arrester,and will it fit a 00 Xplorer?I dont want anymore BS parts,thanks for all your help,
Bill

Old 02-20-2001, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Bill, I think you will like the Dynoport pipe. The quality is top notch and fit is as good as the stocker. I know you had concerns about there claim of not having to re-jet for the pipe. Trust me you will, it took my jetting from the conservitive side to the very lean side. I think they mean if your machine is completly stock you wont blow it up in the summer! It was the last mod I added so it was kinda hard to tell. As far as the decibals go it is a quite pipe. You can hear it for yourself by clicking on my link and then on the last video link (the holeshot one) I think you will like what you hear! The video quality isn't good unless you have a high speed connection but the sound is fine. Let me know what you think.
Also hear is a link to another video of mine with a freinds Scrambler with a hpd pipe and factory silencer http://Dazzle.mightyeyes.com/content...2D02D176302B7D
That will give you somthing to compare it to although his pipe isn't real loud either.

Old 02-21-2001, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

MNXPLORER,
thank you for your response,I heard your pipe and it rocks.I will be calling Dynoport this morning and ordering one from them.I hope to make myself perfectly clear to them that I need something quite and with a spark arrester.I rejetted up to a 260 with the PSI pipe and silencer,I'll keep the same thing in for the Dyno pipe and go from there,thank you once again,
Bill

Old 02-21-2001, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

5:19 AM?

Bill you really do need to get some sleep.

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-2001, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

MNXPLORER,
I called Dynoport and they said they did have a pipe and silencer for my 00 Xplorer,however,they also said they would have to MAKE a spark arrester and it would stick out the back end of the quad.Is yours like this and if so,how far beyond the back of your quad does it stick out?Thank You very much,
Bill

Old 02-21-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Bill, Mine is the same way. It sticks out the rear about 2-3 inches. Mine has a Sparky spark arrestor on the rear attached by three large rivets, it is also siliconed into place very nicly. At first I didn't like the fact it was riveted on till I thought about it, if it every does need to be removed drilling rivets is alot easier than cutting welds. I was thinking of putting a grab rail or somthing back there to protect the pipe, but I wheelied up onto the pipe before it I had the chance. I did very little damage, just a little marring to surface of it so that idea been put on the back burner for awhile. I reallythink you will be happy with this pipe. Like I said it does stick out but, the pipe is tough enough to take a few stand ups and parking on the back rack isn't somthing I try to do often. Hope this helps!

Old 02-21-2001, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

click the button once

Quick Reply: Xplorer 400 pipe/silencer