Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Terracross and deep snow

Old 12-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terracross and deep snow

Well, I played in the snow a little today. Riding with my friend and his 09 Razor and another on my SP 400. The Razor has stock tires, the 400 has Bear Claws.

The Terrcross combo was the definite winner. I could easily dig through the 18" of snow and throw dirt, sticks, rocks etc a long ways. I could go most anywhere in 2wd, which is good since my 4X4 system is not working properly.

I think these tires/machine are going to be hard to beat in the snow, as soon as I get the 4X4 system working properly.........

Old 12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Good to know about the TCs. I really like the looks of them for an all purpose tire.
Sucks about the machine still having problems. Think it is related to that one incident awhile back?

Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

Yep I'm sure its related. The front end doesn't always engage, and sometimes it engages when you are in 2wd..... I experienced these problems the day of the bad event. I told the dealer about this but they could not duplicate the problem. I am going to go on a longer ride Friday, I'm thinking the problem will become more obvious then. BTW my front pinion seal is still leaking even after they replaced it. I think the front end is toast.....not sure but I will know more after Friday.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Range Rover

Good to hear Wolf1,I had my TC/XD's for @600 miles but never had the chance to run them in the snow.IMO a great tire.Now I'm going to test the BH2's......

Old 12-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: WOLF1

Yep I'm sure its related. The front end doesn't always engage, and sometimes it engages when you are in 2wd..... I experienced these problems the day of the bad event. I told the dealer about this but they could not duplicate the problem. I am going to go on a longer ride Friday, I'm thinking the problem will become more obvious then. BTW my front pinion seal is still leaking even after they replaced it. I think the front end is toast.....not sure but I will know more after Friday.</end quote></div>

Didn't you say the pinion was wobbling or moving around after the incident?
If it was and they didn't tear down the diff and inspect everything I would try to find another dealer. With the other damage you had I would be suprised it the diff wasn't toasted.

If the pinion is leaking I wouldn't even bother going on a longer ride. Something is wrong..you may end up getting towed back if the front diff locks up. Probably not likely but.. In any case it won't do it any good and uness they are warranting it I would get it to someone that knows what they are doing,no need to risk more damage and more $$$. JMO
Besides the front diff is very picky about fluid levels for correct operation,if some leaked out,and apparently it doesn't take much,it will affect operation.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
DCT
Banned

WOLF1,

Good to hear about the tires... BAD to hear about the quad. No offense, but it sounds like your dealer is a little lacking. Like HIGHOCTANE said, maybe you should look for a different dealer? You spent a lot of money for your quad (TWICE). They should be able to make it good as new.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

It is scheduled to go back in on the 2nd, they are planning (I hope) on replacing the front differential. They were hoping a seal would fix it, I was quite sure it wouldn't the way it was wobbling. I'm going to take it out Friday and see what happens. Getting towed back doesn't scare me much, just going out in the desert so retrieval will be easy.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah if the pinion was wobbling and they thought a seal would fix it I wouldn't let them touch my machine. JMO
I wish luck on them not screwing up the diff replacement and you getting it back the way it should be.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

Oh, they will get it right, I promise!!!

I made them take back a quad in 07, they wern't happy but they didn't want me to deliver it to them through the front window, so they agreed taking it back and trading it for another was the best alternative.

I spend enough money there that they will get it right, or heads will roll.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Did we ever get a current price on a set of these Terra Cross tires?

R'

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Terracross and deep snow