Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Tblazer jetting

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2001, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to re-jet my TBlazer now that I've got all my add-ons on. Stock size is a .140. Now, w/ a pipe, airbox mods and UNI filter, I figure a ,170, .180, or .190 should work. I'll try the latter first to be safe. But how do you know when to move the needle clip, or adjust the airscrew, or try a different jet? My friend at the dealer says they very rarely jet quads or bikes because it takes quite awhile. They said to ride around awhile at high idle, check plug, ride around a little faster, check plug, and so on and so on........is all this really necessary? And where is the jet located on the TBlazer? Right out in the open or will half the quad hafta come apart to get to it? Thanks for any help, and please let me know of some faster or easier way to do this......

Old 02-06-2001, 05:02 PM
Range Rover

We talked in another thread and I had spoken with Rick Ritter and relayed that he said with a pipe and filter mod a 180 or 170 would probably be the way to go for a 00 Tblazer (try the 180 first to be safe)

As you can see from the parts manual (download from Polaris site here) the main jet is accessed from the bottom of the bowl.

I'll be doing this myself soon but have not yet, so take notes fasternu Looks like you just loosen both carb clamps and rotate carb so you can access the nut on the bottom of the bowl. Then carefully unscrew to access the main jet. According to the parts manual it looks like the o-ring for the nut, a washer and pilot jet might come with it (someone who has done this help me out here).

Good Luck

Old 02-06-2001, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

Get a copy of Aaeen's carb tuning handbook. You need to know more than we can tell you on this forum. It takes about 40 pages to describe how all the different portions affect one another.

Old 02-06-2001, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Stock jet for the T-Blazer is 130. I put a DG pipe and K&N filter on my 99 T-Blazer. Ran a 150 down at the dunes. It seemed to run a little lean. Have installed a 160 but have not had a chance to run it much to see how it is. Jet is easy to change. Pull the air box(Just two screws)and either rotate the carb or pull off totally to gain access to bottom. Ensure gas is off and unscrew hex nut. Put rag underneath to catch gas. You will see the jet in through the hole. Get a jet wrench when you buy the jets. They cost like $3. Unscrew, being carefull not to lose the washer. Put the new jet in and put carb and air box back on. Should not take longer than 20 minutes.
What mods did you do to your airbox?

Old 02-06-2001, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

maybe i can help,check out this link to jetting tips: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1085/techtips.htm
when i jetted my trailblazer in,I went from a stock 130 to a 150 and the plug has a chocolatey color,just like it should.I also switch my clip position and ajust the air screw depending on the temp. and how the throttle response feels.where your at in regards to sea level means alot to in jetting it in correctly

Old 02-07-2001, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

O.K., so I get the right jet in, then mess with the clip and airscrew until it "feels" right, right? On my airbox I cut the tube that runs through the center of the filter off(left about an inch nub), took the rubber tab off of the bottom tube, cut the snorkel down to where it fattens out(just below the curve), and drilled a few holes in front of where the snorkel slips on(the only place to drill the box lid where the air will go through the filter before it goes through the carb). Just by looking at it I imagine it'll flow tons more air(hopefully)

Old 02-08-2001, 08:17 AM
Range Rover

Don't plan on going through any deep water since removing that rubber tab off of the bottom tube!

Curious to hear how it worked out after your jetting work.

Trailbreaker,
Those trail tips about jetting was very informative, thanks!