Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OUCH!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUCH!

I didn't notice it perform any differently after the hit. Didn't stop. Was riding the same. Rode it about a mile back to camp. Some sections in 4WD low. Any estimates i could get from somebody?

It doesn't look to have damaged anything else but the lower section. I haven't had time yet to research it yet.

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OUCH!

looks like just a bent A arm
WELD-A-FRAME,FLARED,LH,BLK
1542397-067 1 $80.25

Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default OUCH!

Agree with sten..except it is the R/H A-arm..easy fix unless something else was damaged that we can't see..notice that the CV looks somewhat plunged...I would not ride it like that any more than needed..if the CV bottoms something has to give..the A-arm being bent shortens it's effective length..
1542398-067 is the number for the R/H arm...$77.19 including shipping from cheapcycleparts.com

Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default OUCH!

It didn't make contact with anything else but here. The mounts look fine though.

Thanks for the PN's. Lucky nothing else was damaged.

That side is definately bent up a good inch. You could tell by a frontal view with the other side.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OUCH!

i just went on ronnies.com to grab a price and didnt really checkl what side just to give you an idear. it didnt bend the frame where the A arm hooks to did it. cnat really tell on the pics. i wouldnt even try to bend the bent one back as just buy another one or maybe even a used one if need be.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default OUCH!

musta nailed that rock pretty hard.............. gueess it would have been real bad withouth those guards in place.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default OUCH!

Nothing else seems to be out of alignment but the two arms. Moved upwards.

I was looking at the service manual and might be a little concerned about the a-arm shaft and bushing. The A-arm in the pic looks a little different though.

I don't know if these have the shafts and bushings.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default OUCH!

If this happened to mine, I would pull the arm out, put it in a press and straighten it. Press the rock gaurd too.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default OUCH!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

i just went on ronnies.com to grab a price and didnt really checkl what side just to give you an idear. it didnt bend the frame where the A arm hooks to did it. cnat really tell on the pics. i wouldnt even try to bend the bent one back as just buy another one or maybe even a used one if need be.</end quote></div>

It looks as if there might have been some movement. Doesn't look symetrical. The other side is not symmetrical either but doesn't seem as bad. What do you think?

When I was taking off the a-arm the axle shaft came out. I couldn't get the a-arm loose after removing the cotter pin and nut. So I removed the bolts attached to the frame first. I just slipped the axle shaft back in after a few tries. That's not a probelm, is it? Here are a few pics of the side that was damaged.

Here are a few pics of the other side for comparisons sake.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default OUCH!

You won't be able to tell if the frame is bent by looking at that....
What you need to do is get a new arm on it then pick something on both sides,front and rear. Like center of the front and rear hubs,or ball joints,ect..then measure both sides front to rear and compare the measurements. If the frame is tweaked toward the side that was hit that will likely shorten the measurement on that side and lengthening the other...I doubt it is bent...it probably would start tearing the mount ears around the welds before bending the frame...but it wouldn't hurt to check it..also look at the frame behidn the rear mount ears..any creasing or signs of bending there? If not that isn't a sure thing that it did not bend...but if there is that is a sign that it likely did bend..from what I can see in the pics I'd say it is fine..

Also the bushing set up is a spacer in the center(that the bolt goes through)of the bushings(whic are 2 halves pushed in from either side..doubtful they were damaged...but it would be an easy time to replace them..otherwise you have to remove them from the old arm and install them in the new one...