Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris winches Suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris winches Suck

I would post something to help others for something I allready have. But, if I wanted it for myself, I'd keep it to myself.

I have no Idea which winch came on my LE. Hope if it breaks it will be cover by the extended warranry I bought.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LE850XP

mtpockets

You should have keep it to yourself. Now you will be bidding aginst many who had no idea it was there.</end quote></div>

I was just going to keep it for my next wheeler. I would like it if one of our members here bought it to replace their junk Chinese Polaris one. It's an outstanding price! All the others I have seen for sale of the Extreme Version(XT) is selling for between $485-$519.</end quote></div>

Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

JCDEYO25

I think a rear, tow-hitch mounted winch would be a neat idea.

Yesterday I was on Warn's website and found the correct mount. PN# 70925.
Fits the 1 1/4"receiver.

Then order PN#70918. it's the 50amp quick-connect wiring kit.

Tha,tha,that's all folks!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LE850XP

The ebay winch is at $300 so I'm all done. It's still a great deal.

But like I said I don't need it. It just caught my eye and was trying to help-out one of our forum buddies.

Sincerely,
~MT

Old 03-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I just bough a new machine and the dealer threw in 2 winches, one for each of my atv's, and they are both the polaris 2.5 hope I have better luck than some of the stories here! Thanks for all the info on the winch.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Have the 08' and 09's been better? I have a 3500# Polaris and it survived this winter with out a glitch. Hope it continues to operate trouble free. I've read about noise, but mine is quieter than my warns.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

they might be alright if they r the warn winches but if not sell them and buy a good one

Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

Have the 08' and 09's been better? I have a 3500# Polaris and it survived this winter with out a glitch. Hope it continues to operate trouble free. I've read about noise, but mine is quieter than my warns.</end quote></div>

I haven't heard the horror stories on the 3500's that were common with the 2500's..
I've had 2 3500s on 2 different machines and both have been great really..
I don't use it often but when I do I work it pretty hard..especially the one on the XP everything from dragging logs..many large logs to hoisting the front of the machine up to wash the bottom...and it down right pulls!..I have yet to stall it out...it will drag the heavy XP with traction with the brakes locked without much trouble. So far so good.. knock on wood..

Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hpetty

they might be alright if they r the warn winches but if not sell them and buy a good one</end quote></div>

Posts like these throw people for a loop. Please at least be 75% sure about something before you state it as fact.

Capital letters, full words, and punctuation would be nice also.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am using capitals and punctuation this time. Sorry teacher. Thank goodness we have someone like you to patrol the postings. I also don't believe anything was stated as a fact. But since you are all knowing you should reply to him with the definitive answer, then he and all of us will know for sure. P.S. BITE ME!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Hey everybody, just for information purposes. Warn only claims to be assembeled in the USA nowdays. I'm sure we'll have a recall on them too for the lead paint from China, someones kid will eat a winch. Now all winch parts are made in China, Taiwan, India, and some other thid world country where they can find labor for .02/ hour. IMO we need to tariff the hell out of this imported crap so that maybe these "American companies" put Americans back to work.

Quick Reply: polaris winches Suck