Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Getting fogged up

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting fogged up

I have been getting frustrated lately by fogged up goggles, and I'm ready to find something else
I've tried some of my buddys anti fog spray, and it did nothing, what goggles are good that don't fog up, perhaps the dual lens ones

also if anyone has a NO FOG let me know what you thinks

all opinions are welcome
thanks

Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

I have problems with goggles fogging as well, which is why I seldon wear them unless I am riding in mega-dusty conditions. I usually wear a full coverage pair of sunglasses. I piced up a pair at one of the local bike shops, they are almost a quasi goggle, they cover a large area around each eye and have closed cell foam around the inner frame and rim that contacts your skin in most places doing a lot to keep dust out, but they allow for better ventilatiion annd don't fog like regular goggles.
I used to play painball back when the old style Uvex lab goggles were pretty much the gold standard. They fogged like crazy 'till I took a half inch leather punch and knocked about six holes in the rim, that helped a lot so maybe increasing the ventilatioin might be an option for your riding goggles.
Lastly I'd check on the ski-snowboard boards, there have to be a million of them on the internet, see what the snow junkies reccomend.
Q

Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use an original model No-Fog breath deflector and love it. IMO it works better with an open face helmet but will also fit under a moto helmet. It's made of Neoprene like a wetsuit of so it blocks the wind and adds a little insulation. The only time my goggles fog up now is if I'm standing around with my goggles on my forehead. When I ride my breath comes out by my chin and there's no fog on my goggles.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if your breath can get to the goggles then they'll fog for sure. a double lens in a helmet works fairly well and like was mentioned a breath deflector as well.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I had a shield with a double lens it got a leak in the edge and fogged up on the inside and froze. I couldn't see through the layer of ice and had to flip my shield up and ride without any eye protection. After that I switched to the No-Fog and the same goggles I wear in summer. One of my friends Jerry-rigged a breath deflector for his full face helmet. He taped two plastic drinking straws together and cut them down to just a few inches. He sticks that in his mouth when he snowmobiles and his breath comes out by his chin. I'd probably choke or swallow it if I tried that.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

you guys think that the NO FOG would work better than a different style of goggles

Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

i use a pair of older snowboard goggles, they are SpyOptics and work real good, the thing i like most is the amber colored lenses rock at night... but if you don't have enough air-flow your going to fog up no matter what..

Old 01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

There is only one goggle that won't fog ug. Made by Smith Optics and is called "Turbo Fan". Has a 2 speed fan. I have three sets, different color lenses. Have never fogged in any condition. Great product!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

jumbo I've seen those, they sure are nice, but I don't want to spend that much

Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

I just found these two from smith

Smith Intake
instead of the holes in the lense it has an air scoop type thing at the top, what do you guys think of them good or bad??

these are the others

Snow Fuel
they just have traditional holes,

or they also have ones with both the intake deal, and the holes
Which would you guys get??

Quick Reply: Getting fogged up