Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just got my Glacier II

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my Glacier II

Well after reading alot and I mean alot of threads on which plow to buy I decided to go with the GlacierII. I am very pleased, It is no where as "heavy duty" as my Moose plow was but boy does it go on and off easy. So I would recomend to anyone who is looking for a plow and wants something that is a breeze to put on and off Feel comfortable on getting a Galcier II. Now I'll just add a little reinforcment to the mount and I should be good.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

post some pics when you can

Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Glacier II as well. It is definitely not as strong as the Glacier I, but it is much easier to connect/disconnect, which suits me. I don't get several feet of snow like some others on here, so I don't really need a heavy duty plow. I have bent two plow mounts. A friend of mine who is a metal fabricator welded some 1" steel (3/16ths thick) from the front where it ends and wrapped it all the way around to the other side. It strengthened it up significantly and looks great. It's probably what polaris should have done in the first place, but nonetheless, it's a cheap and easy fix. Enjoy your new plow, hope you get some snow. We quit snowing 3 weeks ago and have been in the 50s in the day, weird for us. We are usually knee deep in snow by now. But, I am enjoying the mud! LOL!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: firehog

I like the Glacier II as well. It is definitely not as strong as the Glacier I, but it is much easier to connect/disconnect, which suits me. I don't get several feet of snow like some others on here, so I don't really need a heavy duty plow. I have bent two plow mounts. A friend of mine who is a metal fabricator welded some 1" steel (3/16ths thick) from the front where it ends and wrapped it all the way around to the other side. It strengthened it up significantly and looks great. It's probably what polaris should have done in the first place, but nonetheless, it's a cheap and easy fix. Enjoy your new plow, hope you get some snow. We quit snowing 3 weeks ago and have been in the 50s in the day, weird for us. We are usually knee deep in snow by now. But, I am enjoying the mud! LOL!</end quote></div>

Do you have a pic of where the steel was welded on?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

just a cell phone pic
Name:  PLOWPIC.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  65.6 KB

Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nice pic, looks awesome.

I'm interested in how the bracket was reinforced by welding a metal piece to it. I want to get the Glacier 2 plow and I get a bunch of snow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

I mounted it already and didn't take any pics. I wish I had. But, I am getting the other plow mount reinforced. When it is done I can post some pics. It may be a week or so, though. I will try to explain it, though.......follow the front of the plow mount down toward the ground..... you will see the steel that is about 1" wide and 3/26ths thick...it just stops.....this is where he continued the steel from there all the way around the bottom plate to the other side and welded it. I have seen some crafty ways people have reinforced them, but this was by far the cleanest. If this bends, I've got more problems than a bent plow mount! LOL! I just had to learn a lesson not to ram the snow! LOL!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

LOL, I need to not ram the snow once I get my Glacier 2 as well... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For clarification, it's the bracket on the ATV that needs to be beefed up?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, the plow mount that you bolt to the atv. When you look at it it's pretty obvious that it's not going to hold up as it is just a thin piece of metal with no support or brackets to strengthen it.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 AM
DCT
Banned

Glad you like your Glacier II. You did the right thing by reinforcing the mount. I would also consider changing out the cheap hardware for the mount with slightly stronger hardware.

Keep an eye on tightness of all the hardware on both the mount and the plow.
Also, watch the plow springs. My first set were pretty weak.

Quick Reply: Just got my Glacier II