I have a new paper weight

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 AM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a new paper weight

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

For being Polaris owners, there sure are enough people here ready to bash them any chance they get.</end quote></div>

Roofer,

Certainly not bashing Polaris on my part. Just trying to get them to be "even better". If we as owners can get Polaris to improve the quality on "every" component (like the winches, Glacier II plow system... etc) that has the Polaris name on it... it makes it better for all of us, and it reduces the opportunity for other non-Polaris owners to bash the name.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

RR, I did have some problems with the Warn/Polaris winch on my son's ATP. I ended up having to replace the solenoid also. It was not covered under the bad solenoid recall from Warn. Just a fluke. Otherwise the Warn/Polaris winches we have have been a Godsend.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I personally know a few people who went from a Warn to a Polaris winch. </end quote></div>

Explain this .

</end quote></div>

This is the Warn 2.5ci. I owned a few over the years ,used them for heavy-duty plowing in the winter and helping me clear trails on 18acres of land and had ZERO problems.

Yes, there was a recall from Warn on the 2.5ci. I can't remember what it was for. Dealer did the recall no charge.

Like I said, no probs here.

I hope the new XT and RT's are just as reliable as the old ci models!

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

For being Polaris owners, there sure are enough people here ready to bash them any chance they get.</end quote></div>

Roofer,

Certainly not bashing Polaris on my part. Just trying to get them to be "even better". If we as owners can get Polaris to improve the quality on "every" component (like the winches, Glacier II plow system... etc) that has the Polaris name on it... it makes it better for all of us, and it reduces the opportunity for other non-Polaris owners to bash the name.</end quote></div>

I agree. The fact that you own a Polaris ATV (or whatever) shouldn't be a reason to blindly support everything with a Polaris sticker on it. If there is a problem, there is a problem, whether you love Polaris or hate them. Folks are doing Polaris a favor by pointing out their problems and experiences. I assure you that this information gets back to them, which is why there is a "Warn" winch out there with the Polaris name on it. They are paying Warn so they can offer Warn quality with the Polaris name, since they know that their Polaris winches have issues.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I personally know a few people who went from a Warn to a Polaris winch. </end quote></div>

Explain this .

</end quote></div>

This is the Warn 2.5ci. I owned a few over the years ,used them for heavy-duty plowing in the winter and helping me clear trails on 18acres of land and had ZERO problems.

Yes, there was a recall from Warn on the 2.5ci. I can't remember what it was for. Dealer did the recall no charge.

Like I said, no probs here.

I hope the new XT and RT's are just as reliable as the old ci models!

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

I hope to get the Warn/Polaris going again when I change the 8 post connector, It looks like new still and I only used it about twice, even when I get stuck I find it easier for unstuck ATVs I,m riding with to throw me there Winch hook then for me to throw mine from a stuck situation.

If the winch is toast, I bough a new still in the Box 2000Lb SuperWinch of a friend for $50 just incase.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

got the new winch in warn 3000 xt works great and comes with the wireless remote and you dont need to buy a mount bracket it mounts the the stock bracket. it came just it time we are getting 6 to 8 tonight .

Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

I have a warn winch I have had I biught iy in 2003. it has been a good one. the only thing I have had to do to it is take it apart and clean the mud out of it a time or two. And I do use it alot.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:32 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rr-john

got the new winch in warn 3000 xt works great and comes with the wireless remote and you dont need to buy a mount bracket it mounts the the stock bracket. it came just it time we are getting 6 to 8 tonight .</end quote></div>

Good for you John. Hope the winch works great... for a long... long time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would never buy another "Polaris" atv or anything that said polaris again even if it was the last atv company in the world after the junk I have had from them. Its a shame to cause I really like the looks of their machines to but every one I have owned have given me headaches. Not trying to bash but its the truth and I know I don't stand alone

Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Wildman2008

I would never buy another "Polaris" atv or anything that said polaris again even if it was the last atv company in the world after the junk I have had from them. Its a shame to cause I really like the looks of their machines to but every one I have owned have given me headaches. Not trying to bash but its the truth and I know I don't stand alone</end quote></div>

Wildman, what did you have that was Polaris and what year? What are you riding now?

Quick Reply: I have a new paper weight