Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP Newbie - What is the best off set ITP has for the XP

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP Newbie - What is the best off set ITP has for the XP

Hello all, I am new to the forum and wondering if anyone could help me out.

I just bought an XP 850, and I must admit the stock tires really suck (at least in the snow...so far). I would like to buy some ITP rims with some 27" XTR's. However I don't know where to start with the questions, or what to ask??.

1.Does ITP offer different off sets for the XP?
2.Do I require a minimum off set for the 27x11 XTR's?
3.What would the shortest overall width I would have on the XP, when using ITP's?

So far I just love the XP...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (haven't broken the belt .....yet)

Old 01-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

dont break the belt!!! lol

Old 01-18-2009, 12:25 AM
DCT
Banned

LOL... Another "Terriblethon" fan. LOL

I'm sure when HIGHOCTANE sees this post... he'll get it covered for you. He has 27" XTR's on ITP rims.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer

ya i seen in another forum about these rims and
yes HO will be here shortly im sure

http://www.purepolaris.com/Det...7386(PolarisPGACatalog

Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

i used my stock rims wich i like and a 3/4 inch spacer on the rear and VOLIA i now have 27' XTR's hope that helps

WATCH THE BELT!!! lol

Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Another newbie wanting an ITP setup. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I would opt for something different, but who am I, right.......

None of the wheel manufacturers offer a wheel for the XP yet. They are the wheels for the pre-Xp models. These wheels make the Xp almost 53" wide, reported by owners. If you are happy with that, then that is what they have. There are no other options with ITP.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

Another newbie wanting an ITP setup. [IMG][/IMG]

I would opt for something different, but who am I, right.......

None of the wheel manufacturers offer a wheel for the XP yet. They are the wheels for the pre-Xp models. These wheels make the Xp almost 53" wide, reported by owners. If you are happy with that, then that is what they have. There are no other options with ITP.</end quote></div>

Lol...that's a little harsh Roofer..I guess only a newbie would put the ITP wheels on an XP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
But yeah the ITPs will put the track at 53"..and they only offer the 4+2 and 5+3 offsets..wiht those you can easily clear a 11" wide XTR...make sure you get metric lugnuts,10x1.25 IIRC with a 9/16/14mm hex..the stock lugnuts have too large of an OD for the ITP wheels..

With that said..I do agree with Roofer..they are not the best choice for the XP..
The main reason I bought mine is I got a good deal on them barely used on a demo Ranger and it was a convienent purchase, so picked them up as a temporary solution..nothing else confirmed to work with 11's without spacers was available,except the Hypers $$$

The wider track isn't a problem for me..and it is more stable...BUT it does negate the XPs ease of steering and anti-kick back to a degree..so I agree a narrower offset,like the XP accessory wheels would be better....
With the ITPs it is still easier to steer and has less kickback than a stock 08 Sportsman..but after riding in rough stuff with the stock offset and going to a wider offset you can tell a difference..
I'll be going to something like that as soon as Vision releases the publicly available version and the offset is confirmed to be the same or I find a cheap source for the Polaris wheels..
So if anyone close to me wants my ITP set up I'd sell it pretty reasonable..lol

Old 01-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Good post HO.

Didn't mean to be that harsh. It's just that alot of people figure ITP is the only option because that is what the dealers all sell. It's always been that way.

I have never been real happy with them, and then when I emailed ITP, "the largest atv wheel and tire manufacturer" about wheels for the Xp, their response was short and simple saying, "we have no plans to make a Xp specific wheel". This really topped it for me.

I could really understand if it wasn't a flagship model, but this is probably going to be an 'ATV of the year' rather easily. They should have opted to say that it will be in the plans. Just disappointing if you ask me.

If you look at posts over the years, you will see the newbie posts, and it's always about mudlites and ITP wheels. No offense to the new people at all, it's just that there are more options for everyone, and I feel it should be known. The dealers push ITP because that is what they have. They have them because they are mass produced.

In the tire world, being car's, trucks, atv's, whatever.....you can notice companies like this because of their strict hush hush pricing.

Sorry to get way off topic, but that is how I feel after being around awhile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

Good post HO.

Didn't mean to be that harsh. It's just that alot of people figure ITP is the only option because that is what the dealers all sell. It's always been that way.

I have never been real happy with them, and then when I emailed ITP, "the largest atv wheel and tire manufacturer" about wheels for the Xp, their response was short and simple saying, "we have no plans to make a Xp specific wheel". This really topped it for me.

I could really understand if it wasn't a flagship model, but this is probably going to be an 'ATV of the year' rather easily. They should have opted to say that it will be in the plans. Just disappointing if you ask me.

If you look at posts over the years, you will see the newbie posts, and it's always about mudlites and ITP wheels. No offense to the new people at all, it's just that there are more options for everyone, and I feel it should be known. The dealers push ITP because that is what they have. They have them because they are mass produced.

In the tire world, being car's, trucks, atv's, whatever.....you can notice companies like this because of their strict hush hush pricing.

Sorry to get way off topic, but that is how I feel after being around awhile. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Oh I know exactly what you are saying....and the pricing policies is another reason dealers push them.I bet if people knew the mark up they would not believe it...it is hush hush..but I can do simple math on the ones I bought,although they were on a demo Ranger the dealer did not lose money on them,they were basically new..maybe a mile on them at best..so I probably got the set up at his cost,if not a little more...and it quite a bit less than the best deal you can find on EBAY..
As for the response they gave about not making anything for the XP, you know I have heard a few of the larger companies say that.."we have no plans to make anything for that machine".. Are that really that dumb? Even a Plolaris hater can see and admit that the XP is going to be a gold mine for aftermarket companies..I bet they change their tune real soon. Especially in the Wheel/Tire and Skid protecion areas..and those are the companies saying they have no plans to make anything...makes you wonder how they have stayed in business making choices like that..

Old 01-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks to all for the in put. I think I will wait to see what comes out, and run some spacers for now.