Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HEADLIGHT POD ON A 425 Xpedition

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a headlight pod such as the one on the sportsmans on a 425 xpedition. MY bike just looks so scronny and i think that the headlight pod will make it look bigger. I need that Headlight pod on there.

P.S. Anyone know how to make my 425 faster?

Old 02-08-2001, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Have you priced that pod? A friend looked into buying a new pod for his Honda 450ES and the dealer priced it at $1200.00. Ouch! I hope that Polaris isn't as high.

Old 02-08-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

I replaced the pod on my xplorer. The cost was 120 dollars. That is everthing in it except for the speedo. The speedo is 170 bucks. It looks like it would fit on your bike. Really easy to install.

Old 02-09-2001, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

im sure it would fit,you can use the existing speedo and just change the pod..the problem i think youll have is wiring the light to work,im sure the wire harness is different and you might have to rewire your lower light harness to get power for the light in the new pod..i myself thought the pod was kind of stupid looking(just my opinion)..im sure it can be done though

Old 02-09-2001, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

the only pod u could get is a Red one, i dont think they make a pod for the chetsnut color,

the red one would be the same one that the HO uses

later
jon

Old 02-09-2001, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Just my opinion ( and we know what opionions are like ) The best part on the Magnum325's and the Xpeditions is the lack of the the pod (ant head, brain head, what ever it is being called)That is the reason I bought my old 500 Xplorer, lack of pod. Light no good on a loaded front rack.
Too each their own I guess.

Old 02-09-2001, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I think 425xpedition put a pod on his xpedition. So yes, it can be done. I am an xpedition 425 owner to and I personally don't want one. My new polaris brush guard is on my xpedition now. I am going to go pick up my atv tomorrow. I don't think
I'm going atving this weekend though. It has snowed again. Northern Minnesota has had over 60 inches of snow this year so far. Its going to be very cold this weekend. 10 degrees sat. and 17 degrees sunday. At least I can see my xpedition with my new brush guard on it. rangerchet

Old 02-09-2001, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

If you do it order the older pod like mine (good pic of speedo below)because the speedometer is half the price of the new digital kind. The odometer runs of the same cable as the speedo needle instead of separate circuit like the new digital kind and should be easier to hook up.The old type speedo has a speed dial,odometer and tripmeter, I do not know what more the digital kind offer but what more do you need it to do anyways?

Old 02-09-2001, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

rangerchet

could u post some pics of your quad with that new brush guard on?? take some closer ones than u put up on lurch77's page. i would like to see the brush gurad and extended mud grards. post the pics at lurche77's site or put them on a yahoo page. thanks

later
jon

Old 02-09-2001, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

The headlight pod can be put on the bike. To do the swap the steering post will have to be changed or a spacer will have to be built to raise the handlebars. If you go the spacer route the steering stem will have to be redrilled for the new mounting pattern on the handlebar clamps. To put the pod on the bike you will need the following - top & bottom, new handlebars, handlebar clamps, headlight, mounting bracket, adjuster, headlight plug, steering stem and a few other pieces. I have done this already and did not order the steering stem and it was a pain. The plug for the headlight can be bought at the auto parts for a couple of bucks and wiring it in is not a big deal either. If you have any questions just ask. By the way if your bike is brown, there is no brown pod available.

There a couple of things out ther to make the bike faster. It just depends on how much money you want to spend. I have done quite a few different things to my bike to make it faster and more powerful.

Quick Reply: HEADLIGHT POD ON A 425 Xpedition