Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier 2 plow mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier 2 plow mount

Earlier today I searched ATVconnection forums Glacier 2 mounts through google (the forum search does not work here on this site) and I printed the picture posted, I think by (tcihla) on the glacier 2 mount modification. While looking at this mount it appears to be different from the mount that fits the 850 XP. Different bolt patteren and oil drain plug hole location (I checked and my mount fits perfectly and there is only 1 drain plug hole in this mounting plate) is there a difference, and has anyone had problems with the 850 with the glacier 2 mount and plow? Thanks for the replies. Marc

Old 02-01-2009, 05:20 PM
DCT
Banned

windrift,

Yep, the Glacier II mount on the XP is obviously different than the one for the 500/800. Because of the way it mounts, it may hold up better. I've heard of one guy breaking off a side bolt on an XP, and saw one at my dealer where a side bolt broke and bent the mount bad enough to crack it.

Anyhow, mine is long gone on my 500 (after using about 6 times). I tried replacing the hardware, added some large fender washers to disperse some of the load, and took it easy while plowing. In spite of that, it got bent up pretty bad.

With that said, I don't know if having some support welded to yours will help. It seems the bolts will give out first on the XP??????

My advise would be to take it easy with the plow... ESPECIALLY with the plow blade angled. One bad hit with it angled might cause problems. The Glacier II system is quick and easy to use, but IMHO, it is a "light weight" system at best. Some folks may disagree... I don't care... I'm still pissed about spending that much money on what I call "JUNK".

Hope you don't have any problems with yours.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. Looks like the steelers are doing ok so far! Yea I know there have been problems with the Glacier 2 systems, but I liked the ease of the on/off setup. I hope that I can beef up the mount at work before I use the plow. I was just curious if the design was better for the XP since it was different.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't had any problems with mine so far and it has taken some pretty good hits. The cheap skid shoes on mine have already worn off so I need to get some of the heavy duty ones! Other than that, no problems!