Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear lights

JSRIII:

there are templates on the underside of the pod. When you take it off, the outlines for the switches are there. I used an exacto knife and they came out just like his pic above. Polaris was thinking on this one for sure!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rear lights

i used a untility knife to cut them out. and like JSRIII said there are outlines under the pod to cut the switch holes out. polaris was thinking a little bit on the wheelers. least they added the wireing and plugs for the lights. also along with the winch power cables. the indacator lights i added for visual, and i like to play with L.E.D.s. i also want to replace least 1 of the switchs to the right with the same on the left. i may do that this summer ot the next warm day. and thanks for the comment!! if you screw up just check ebay. there usaly cheap on there.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rear lights

OK, well since it is above 20 degrees for the first time in a long time, I decided to pull the bike out and do some maintenance. I repaired the spring clip on my winch hook which let go after about the third time plowing. The small bolt broke and I have been holding the hook and plow together with an alum tie wire. Luckily, I found the spring and flapper on the ground right after it broke so I was able to salvage them. I replaced it with a cotter pin and replaced the one on the hook at the same time. I now have several replacements in my "kit" for future repairs.

I took the pod apart and pulled the wire connectors off from the underside. I found out that my model does not have the "work lights" hooked up. There is no switch on the pod. I did see the cut outs marked on the underside tho. Thanks guys. I have a 12 volt DC outlet on the far left side of the pod, a diagnostic port (not connected to anything inside) on the rear lower left and the ignition switch on the lower rear right side. All wires from 2 wire harnesses are connected to the underside of the pod except for one black plastic 2 wire connector. There is a brown wire and a red with yellow stripe wire connected to that unused connector. I checked the rear "work lights" and they have a solid blue and a brown wire coming from each side and then running to the front. I emailed Greg at Quadovator to see what they offer and what the pricing is. So that's the update for now. I am going back out to work on my log sleds but that is discussed under another topic heading.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear lights

on models that are not hooked up for the worklights, all the wiring and plug ins are already there and you just need to add the switch and bulbs and are all set to go. the switch wire is a 2 wire plug that is covered in black shrink wrap and is opposit facing in the same black housing if you understand what i mean.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rear lights

I am guessing that it is the unused connector that I saw. Is that only used to turn the work lights on and off or can it be used with the reverse lever? The kits that are sold by Quadovator seem to offer several options. I would like them to work as reverse lights but retain the ability to turn them on as rear shining work lights when not in reverse as well. That might come in handy when hooking up to my log sleds or any towing for that matter without having to throw the bike in reverse.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rear lights

Here's a pic of my reverse "spot light". Like I said, it's on the switch my factory reverse work lights. it gives a ton of light! Very handy for hitching/unhitching trailers, loading onto trailer for transport, pulling someone out of a mud hole... you know ahaha...

Reverse Lights
Reverse Lights

Old 02-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rear lights

Pic opened up

Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rear lights

iv had the same idea about a week ago. id like to turn on my back lights, or have the back lights turn on with the reverse. and id also like to turn them off compleatly. im gona use a polaris single pole 3 postion switch. like the ones used on the hand or thumb warmers. im also debating if i want to leave my warning light switch and replace it with a polaris oem work light switch or either add another hand thumb warmer switch so i can turn on my warning lights, and add a brake tail kill so i can turn them off also. heres my diagram.
Name:  POLARISREVERSELIGHTWORKLIGHT.jpg
Views: 3476
Size:  42.8 KB

thanks
thanks

Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rear lights

Just put the Polaris work light on my 08 700 x2. Took all of 15 minutes. I went with the Polaris kit just so everything matched up on the speedo face plate (hand and thumb warmers and turf switch). Cost was $19.95. The toughest part of assembly was getting the stubborn red clip out of the left light to put the bulb in place.

As far as the reverse switch goes. I figured that it was best to use the KISS principle. If I need backup lights turn the switch on as needed. I didn't want to create another potential PIA as I use this machine in the snow almost daily and more wiring plus water is not working in my favor.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rear lights

i want the turf mode on my wheeler. but its N/A. iv got a waterproouf relay for it. i just need to do it the next 40+ deg day!

Quick Reply: Rear lights