Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What to do to keep you quad from getting stolen

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both quads chained together with 1/2 inch cable from a 10 ton crane and 3/8 shank master lock, would take about 1/2 hr to hack saw through either one. There is also a lock on the garage door track to cut through if there`s any strength left in their arm. To even get the chance they have to get by the alarm first.

Insurance if all that fails.

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250
See my pic`s at http://www.picturetrail.com/riskracing

Old 02-09-2001, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

What about homeowners insurance? Does that not cover them if they are stolen or burn in your own garage?

Mine are on the trailer in my garage with my vehicle backed up to the garage. Also my two dogs patrol the garage and outside (rottweiller and chow chow). I also have a city cop as a next door nieghbor. And very alert and always home other neighbors.

So I guess if someone got past the dogs and broke into my van and garage, broke the traler lock and hooked it up to my van and done it all while both me and the wife (who does not work) were not home and the cop next door didn't have his patrol car in his driveway, they would get the whole package.

just seems unlikely though

Old 02-09-2001, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I tried many of the major insurance co. and none of them will insure any recreational motorized vehicle on the home owners policy. Included in this category are atv`s, snowmobiles, jet ski`s, motorcycles and mini-bikes. They will however cover your riding lawn mower and snowblower.

I even tried to get a rider at extra cost but they wouldn`t even do that.

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250
See my pic`s at http://www.picturetrail.com/riskracing

Old 02-09-2001, 11:01 PM
TNT
Trailblazer

That's because you live in NY. Most laws in NY are not intended to help the average citizen. Just pay your taxes and shut up is the attitude here.

Old 02-09-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have an idea... (prolly not practical, or legal though) put a sign in front of your quad that says "warning high voltage, do not touch quad" and connect live electrical wires to a metal peice on the quad... if they touch it they'll be sorry!(just make sure you know how to unplug it! lol)

Old 02-10-2001, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Wont work But it would be fun to watch.

Old 02-10-2001, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

I keep them insured and well if someone steals them Damn Oh well i go buy new ones that is what insurance is for. I just don,t want them back You steal it you keep it.

Old 02-10-2001, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

If I told you you'd probably steal it.:-)

Old 02-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I see alot of people talking about multiple layers of security at home, but the people I know of that have lost their quads were camping! I chain my quad to other quads or trees with a chain so big I can barely move it. I don't hold much hope so I insure it as well. Note to EasterEgg, one good blow to your cable with an axe or maul is all it takes. They weren't tired at all since they were able to wheel my XR away.

Old 02-11-2001, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My polebarn has NO windows in it.My two quads stay in front of the walk in enterence door.My Pu truck than gets pulled into the barn next to the quads,than the car gets pulled in.You would have to steal my truck and car before you could ever get to my quads,by than the alarm would of surly went off,and I'd have a 357 pointed straight at your face,

''Go ahead'' MAKE MY DAY,
Do you feel lucky today?
Bill

Quick Reply: What to do to keep you quad from getting stolen