Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

KIDS quads motorcycles NOW ILLEGAL FEDERAL LAW

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KIDS quads motorcycles NOW ILLEGAL FEDERAL LAW

I don't think this law has passed in Canada yet......I hope it doesn't as I bought my first quad in Dec. '08 and would lose it if I couldn't get parts or if all the trail systems were shut down.

I can't help but feel sorry for the kids that will lose out on the fun of atving, although I never rode a kid's sized atv. I was a big kid and the Yam. Timberwolf ( I think ) I rode when I was around 12 wasn't nearly as big as my Sportsman 500. Common sense doesn't always prevail, like OPT said....Who's chopping them up and eating them? Someone doing that is probably already addicted to lead paint chips.....aka Beyond Help.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

I know a ton of people who are screaming about this to thier congressmen and what not. But i think it's really gonig to get ugly this spring when MX season starts there are ALOT of kids who race MX that i know of and this law pretty much kills that sport altogether for kids.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

If its from the lead paint in the frames from China for goodness sake don't let your Rug RAts chew on them. Lordy, they could also chip thier teeth.

Please don't let these kids (that think they're beavers) bite the bikes cuz its making life hard for the rest of us. Will they chew our tires next?

And to the legislators who are protecting us from ourselves,
PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$.
You have a lot more important things to do for all of us.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer

write your congress person

www.tomself.com

Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: summerjack

**URGENT**

WWW.TOMSELF.COM

<u>IT IS NOW ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO BUY OR SELL A KIDS ATV/MOTORCYCLE</u> OR PARTS!

As of Tuesday, February 10th, 2009, the small powersports industry has all but been shut down.

This affects not only dealers and new units but individuals all across the U.S.

<u>THIS MEANS YOU.</u>

New and used units as well as parts availability for every used unit in the nation has been called under question. This issue is far reaching not only financially but also concerning safety. With the suspension of proper sized ATV's and motorcycles suspended, young riders will be tempted to use improperly sized and built machines which could (but Lord willing won't) lead to severe injuries.</end quote></div>

My dealer had kids quads on the sales floor on 2/27/09. Do you think he hasn't gotten the message or is he just trying to go ahead and sell them anyway?
I meant to ask him about it before I left , but forgot to.
I would hate for him to get fined, he would just raise his prices even more than they already are to pay for it! LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

My dealer had kids quads on the sales floor on 2/27/09. Do you think he hasn't gotten the message or is he just trying to go ahead and sell them anyway?

I meant to ask him about it before I left , but forgot to.

I would hate for him to get fined, he would just raise his prices even more than they already are to pay for it! LOL![img][/img]</end quote></div>

UNLESS HE IS LIVING UNDER A ROCK HE IS AWARE OF IT. PERHAPS HE IS IGNORING FEDERAL LAW AND IS NOW A "CRIMINAL" FOR SELLING A SMALL BIKE. REMEMBER THIS IS ALSO INCLUDES PEDDLE BIKES!!

WHERE WILL IT END? CANT SELL YOUR HOME? A-M CAN SELL YOUR PROPERTY ON CERTAIN MONTHS AND L-Z ON THE OTHER MONTHS????

MARK MY WORDS WONT BE LONG

Old 03-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

There are so many laws now that we're all criminals.

The dealers, importers and manufacturers should just ignore these imperial dictates from on high. They can't arrest everybody.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

I understand the lead paint issue, but why not just make the dealers strip the bikes to bare metal and repaint them with non lead based paint. I heard on a news show that your President wanted to weatherize houses as part of a stimulus package, do the same with this. Train people as autobody techs, keep people spending money and don't get nearly as many people PO'd, it seems like a fairly simple concept, but i know it would be a lot of work to implement

Old 03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

JOIN THE NRA!!!!!!!!!! THE LIBERAL BASTARDS ARE AFTER OR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS NEXT. THE NRA IS OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am from Texas...a Republican state that did NOT vote for the leftist MORON!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: weedy

JOIN THE NRA!!!!!!!!!! THE LIBERAL BASTARDS ARE AFTER OR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS NEXT. THE NRA IS OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am from Texas...a Republican state that did NOT vote for the leftist MORON!</end quote></div>

<u>yes join the nra. if you dont want to join send money.</u>

Quick Reply: KIDS quads motorcycles NOW ILLEGAL FEDERAL LAW