Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris circuit breaker problem...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris circuit breaker problem...

I came across this website trying to figure out why my 2004 Sportsman 700 had no power. After reading the forums I decided to cut open the pouches and check the circuit breakers, of which 2 were corroded. After replacing them, I electrical taped them, and then covered them with a length of bicycle inner tube, zip tied both ends, silconed the ends that I previously zip tied, then put another zip tie to hold in the silicone. I just thought this would be cleaner and more effective in keeping out the H2O. Time will tell if this is successful as I hope.
I do want to thank you guys for posting here and steering me in the right direction.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Common problem on the thermal fuses! Most people think since they are sealed they will last forever! Its not really just water,but corrosion on terminals just like a battery that does em in! I've always been a fan of fuse panels myself,BUT Polaris wont listen to me!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Range Rover

You can buy an electrical heat shrink tubing that comes in various diamaters to fit over whaterver size you need. It is a black sleeve that will shrink down to tightly seal electrical connections with a glue that oozes out the ends when shrunk. It is very reliable and is often used for underground electrical splices. Pretty cheap and easy to use, you just need a heat gun.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was going to do the shrink wrap, but the only open auto parts store here on Sunday didn't have any big enough to go over the circuit breakers. That's when I figured I'd try the inner tube. OPT, my mechanic buddy said the same thing about the fuse panel. Thanks again guys.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey you guys can you help out ? I have a 2005 Sportsman 500HO with no power. With the key on if I unplug the ECM and plug it back in I have power! However after I turn the key off for more than about 5 seconds I lose my power again. I hate dealers they won't help at all, they just want you to bring it in. They claim however that its not the ECM!!! Bad relay or circuit breaker. I cannot find any of these circuit breakers everyone is talking about!!! Somebody please help.
Thanks Mark

Old 03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

On my '04 Sportsman there was one by the solenoid and two below the front rack. They're in sealed pods that need to be sliced open to access the breakers. Each is in its own "pod."

Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have looked and looked. The only pod is one I found for hooking up a winch.
Nothing by the battery or starter solinoid, and nothing found under the front crows nest or under the front storage rack!!! Common you techs and brainiacs I'm at a loss here. Thanks Mark

Old 03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check out the new posting under electrical, maybe you can help?Please!