Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

One Bad Mother...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Bad Mother...

Well this past Sunday was my first "real" ride on my new 850 XP. Let me tell you, that girl will get it!! I was riding with two of my buddys, one with 2006 Popo sportsman 500 EFI and the other 2008 Can-am outlander 800. The Outlander has HMF exhaust, PC3, and something else. Dont really remember. There is nothing he did or went through that i wasnt right on his tail with my STOCK XP. Like I said, I am very proud of my bike, pleased with my purchase and She is one bad Mother...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009 Polaris 850 XP Sunset Red

Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your 850XP! Another success story...that shows the XP as a solid machine.

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Cool, welcome to the PoPo forum!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

I spent eight hours 1 day on 550XP and did not near as tired as when I do it on my rubicons. Of coarse the EPS help a ton but the suspension is soooo smooth it soaks up all the extra bumps that normally would leave your back in shambles.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

MEGA XP the only thing you will have a problem with is the Glacier2 plow. Keep an eye on the mounting plate flexing and bending downward. And every time you raise the blade eye ball the blade to see if it's really straight in the straight position.

When that one is distroyed (more than likely in less than a season) check-out the Moose non-RM3, Warn, ect.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oilfieldtrashdadof1

Congrats on the new ride! I keep eyeing the 850 but can't seem to make the #'s work.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

mtpockets, is that targeted to the new ones too. The mount on the POPO XP is pretty beefy. I have already used it on 6 storms and have apx 100 acct's. If the average snow season is 20 events here then each storm has the equivalent of about five years residential use. So by some math its survived 30 years what a homeowner would put it through. The glacier2 system is the same as the Moose RM3 as far as I can tell.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

mtpockets, is that targeted to the new ones too. The mount on the POPO XP is pretty beefy. I have already used it on 6 storms and have apx 100 acct's. If the average snow season is 20 events here then each storm has the equivalent of about five years residential use. So by some math its survived 30 years what a homeowner would put it through. The glacier2 system is the same as the Moose RM3 as far as I can tell.</end quote></div>

Too many topics have been written in the last 6 months on the GL2 plows. For complete details, type "Glacier II" "Glacier2" in the search box. If I can find the pics, I will post the link to them.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the new ride.
I have a friend with a new CanAm 800.He said"You should see the look on the truckers faces when You pass them on the interstate at 80"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I`m sure the XP would do it too.It is legal in Montana to ride on the streets and highways with a 4 weeler as long as it has the proper equipment installed.
I like My 400 sportsman so well that if I was going to get a new machine it would definetely be another Polaris.
When I seen the topic one bad mother I thought You was talking about My Mommy again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum oilfeild!
There's a great bunch of guy's using this site!
A little good natured BS and allot of good info![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]